Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Did you feel it ????

Did you feel it ????

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:39 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold
Default Did you feel it ????

8:15 am this morning, located in Marlbrough. Building shook a little here.

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/latest.html

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/...756g-maps.html

Cool stuff, first one I have felt since being back
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:50 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you feel it ????

Did the earth move for you darling?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

OMG I did
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:53 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Nothing of note here in Christchurch.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Paraparaumu & felt a wobble at 8:16. The blinds swayed for several seconds.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Sitting on a bar stool in my kitchen, was that a train??? The centre was near Hamner bet it was fun in the springs!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:08 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karonious
Did the earth move for you darling?
Yip for me, think Kerry slept through it though
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

The earth moved here in cockle bay but that could be to do with the curry and bottle of red wine i consumed late last night

Kids are not happy bunnies this morning.....mummies away and daddy ate curry last night
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by happynz
Nothing of note here in Christchurch.
I'm in ChCh & I felt it. So did Westpomie & she's in Brighton.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Missed it!! Too busy being pounded by the osteopath!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:25 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz1
I'm in ChCh & I felt it. So did Westpomie & she's in Brighton.
Really? Hmmm...I guess I'm not paying attention.

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

I know NZ is in the earthquake zone, well I didn't before this plan was hatched but sure do now, but just how frequent are they? And should we be worried about tsunamis or go with the flow, so to speak?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by McGowans
I know NZ is in the earthquake zone, well I didn't before this plan was hatched but sure do now, but just how frequent are they? And should we be worried about tsunamis or go with the flow, so to speak?
Sh*t happens may sound hackneyed, but as far as natural disasters go, I can't think of a place that doesn't have some element of danger that Mother Nature dishes up.
Come on down, a wee vibration under the floorboards tain't nuttin to be askeered of.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

Hmmm, but when the only natual disaster you're used to is the M62 at 8.30a.m. in the rain, then as exciting as it sounds the ground shaking is a little, shall we say, wobbly making
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:19 pm
Winter hibernator

Originally Posted by McGowans
tsunamis - don't bother about them

earthquakes - well they do happen, fun unless its a big one

volcanos - great if your nowhere near one

floods - leave that to England and and top of North Island

plagues - none yet

famine - not that I'm aware

poverty - maybes, unsure as don't see it

All in all no real issues. Earthquakes are your biggest worry but as said above, if it happens it happens and their ain't much you can do about it (I do recommend home and contents insurance though )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.