Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Did the earth move for you????!!!!!!

Did the earth move for you????!!!!!!

Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:35 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did the earth move for you????!!!!!!

Gisborne 8.55pm a whopping 6.8!!!!!

We felt it here in Renwick, not sure where else at the mo cos Geonet won't let me report it :curse:
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:40 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did the earth move for you????!!!!!!

Didn't feel a think in the Porirua suburbs... And that's a pretty ****ing big rumble!!!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Professional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Didn't feel a think in the Porirua suburbs... And that's a pretty ****ing big rumble!!!
I felt it in my motorhome - like someone rocked it, just once though. I'm in Elsdon camp in Porirua. Perhaps my suspension is a little more sensitive than your house
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Felt it here in Days Bay, Wellington - only lasted 2 or 3 seconds - house shook a bit!

Dave
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

We felt it here in Whakatane. We had things falling off the shelves. Didn't like that one at all. We live on top of a hill and we thought the house was going slide off it.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:37 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4331258a10.html

Wonder why we didn't feel anything here up in Aotea?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't feel it in Eastern suburbs but OH did in Welly CBD
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:42 am
Maz

Originally Posted by luvwelly View Post
Didn't feel it in Eastern suburbs but OH did in Welly CBD
Eastern suburbs? Miramir and the like? Or Hutt?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

I felt the house shake at that time here on the hills in Ngaio, Wellington. Don't know how you didn't feel it i Aotoa.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:45 am
Maz

Originally Posted by mark and kim View Post
I felt the house shake at that time here on the hills in Ngaio, Wellington. Don't know how you didn't feel it i Aotoa.
I have no clue... It's not like I've never felt an earthquake before either. Dead weird! I've texted hubby to ask if he felt it (he's over in Whitby with a mate tonight) but so far no response.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Eastern suburbs? Miramir and the like? Or Hutt?
Yes Wellington Airport side of town.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:51 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Didn't feel anything in Papamoa, said on the news that some places in South Auckland felt it !!!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Wrecked shop Gisborne.
Attached Thumbnails Did the earth move for you????!!!!!!-simmons2.jpg  
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

no worries guys about the earth move

you will get just used it
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:07 am
Tay
Banned

Tay is an unknown quantity at this point

Do the schools still have earthquake drills?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.