Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else see the fake passport/licence/ID post that I replied to?

Did anyone else see the fake passport/licence/ID post that I replied to?

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default Did anyone else see the fake passport/licence/ID post that I replied to?

Hi all

If there's anyone on here that saw the original post from sarah3384 or sparky8837? The name definitely started with an S and definitely had 4 numbers involved. I'm pretty certain the name was Sarah but it might have been sparky, ended in @gmail.com

It was offering fake driving licenses, fake passports, fake identification documents, false signatures etc?

Ended with an e-mail now before the name?

If anyone did, could you please back me up that this happened? Just i've been accused of creating a nonsense post which I 100% DID NOT! I'm hoping that there is someone out there who saw this and can confirm that somebody else created that topic. The only thing I did wrong (which I accept) was to swear in my REPLY, and that's mainly because of me being a victim of immigration fraud back in Blighty...

Hope someone can help so that I receive an apology for being accused of making up utter rubbish.

Many thanks

Tom1983
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Purrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did anyone else see the fake passport/licence/ID post that I replied to?

I did not see the original post that you were replying to, but this is what I think may have happened:

There may have been a spam thread, but instead of replying to the thread, you inadvertently created another with your reply. The spam thread may have been hard-deleted and the spammer banned, possibly automatically, which is why it's no longer visible, even to the mods.

I used to be a moderator on a much larger forum than this. Two things about spam:
1. Never reply to it. It only bumps the thread up the page and spammers never read any replies anyway. Many of them are just bots.

2. Always report it, with this button , next to the karma button so it can be removed. It's always the best course of action.
And finally:

It's always better to try and resolve disputes over any moderation action — warnings, bannings, thread closures etc. — in private with the moderators or admins instead of making public appeals. Not only does it detract from the forum's subject matter, staff can be more open in correspondence. If you've received a warning, then try and calmly work it out in private.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:02 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did anyone else see the fake passport/licence/ID post that I replied to?

I saw the original spam post and your reply to it. The spam post has been deleted but unfortunately left the original title and your reply to it.

I can confirm you did not start the thread, just replied to it.

Have sent you a PM
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 5:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As this has been started on the open forum I will use it to state here, for others looking in, that no moderator 'warning' has been sent to Tom1983 by any mod.

The thread & title in question, which was deleted , appears to be stand alone at the present time .

Spammer threads were removed at the date & time in question and indeed, are continuously being removed from public forum view . The spammers banned and if possible the IPs blocked.

This is all helped enormously by BE members hitting those report buttons so a mod, any mod , anywhere across the globe can see that and deal with it.

This matter has already been addressed, at length, via PM many hours ago.

I will share that my first PM to Tom1983 was to enquire if he was OK as the thread and post in question made no sense to me... or to any other mod.

If there is anything further to add, please do so via PM out of respect & consideration to Tom1983, other posters and mods.

Thanks for reading on this, the Nelson public bank holiday which I should really now go and continue to enjoy with my husband.

ps - We are not staff We are volunteers.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 3rd 2014 at 5:45 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:54 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Tom,

Just to again reiterate what BEVS had said, it was spam nothing more. I'm assuming from your post that you replied to said spam? In which case it's more than likely you replied about the same time as the spam was deleted by a mod which then left your post as a stand alone post. Which may account for the confusion.

Sorry you were upset by the spam, but as BEVS pointed out mods are volunteers and get to spam as soon as humanly possible. You should see the amount of spam that gets removed every day. Mods deserve thanks for clearing up the spam so it doesn't clutter up the forum.

As previously mentioned this has already been addressrd privately, so if you have further comments please do so via PM.

Thanks