Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Destination Welly....Sept!! but where ?...

Wikiposts

Destination Welly....Sept!! but where ?...

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Destination Welly....Sept!! but where ?...

Originally Posted by cherry

I tell them its a sports stadium lit up at night.

Nice one!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

Bit of a dodgy area around Porrirua especially with the "Mongrel Mob" and a few dodgy "Pommies" .Upper Hutt and especially Riverstone Terraces , its more refined
Love it

Haha Riverstone "refined" whatever next!? maybe Milan, New York or London, but not the Hutt!

Matt
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Is that why the house prices here are the fastest in the area for increasing,even with the wonderful nightime view of our local correctional institution AKA to my friends the "Sports Stadium".Well there is a lot of running done there
and exactly which superior suburb of grossly overrated and over priced Welly would you class as better? and where do you actually live there ,in a flat? or a mansion fit for an expat.
We are more than happy with our new home here ,well built,insulated and with some real good views over the valley and mountains.

Last edited by cherry; Apr 24th 2007 at 6:47 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

There are many nice and beautiful areas in Welly, I think it depends on what your expectations are.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

agreed
its all a bit of banter after all we like to promote our preferences as you do .I love the views I have inc the famous one we all know about.
Soon be back in Blighty Dee ,have a safe one and dont get too homesick .
QSee you soon .Ray and Di x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

Is that why the house prices here are the fastest in the area for increasing,even with the wonderful nightime view of our local correctional institution AKA to my friends the "Sports Stadium".Well there is a lot of running done there
and exactly which superior suburb of grossly overrated and over priced Welly would you class as better? and where do you actually live there ,in a flat? or a mansion fit for an expat.
We are more than happy with our new home here ,well built,insulated and with some real good views over the valley and mountains.
Hook line & sinker , we own 2 properites in Riverstone, live in one and rent the other - just never heard anyone big it up so much

I agree it's under-rated
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

:
Soon be back in Blighty Dee ,have a safe one and dont get too homesick .
QSee you soon .Ray and Di x
Cheers Ray - not looking forward to the travel there.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MattH
Hook line & sinker , we own 2 properites in Riverstone, live in one and rent the other - just never heard anyone big it up so much

I agree it's under-rated
It`s what we love and will really promote its advantages to any newcomers .As far as owning another property I prefer to keep my reserves in another country where the exchange rate is better for now .We shall have to meet for a drink sometime up here ,
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boopy
Cheers Ray - not looking forward to the travel there.
You will be ok and I bet you will be glad to be back here ,HOME. Come round when you return for drinks and chats .
Weather forecast for your trip will be fine (fingers crossed LOL)
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough

I would suggest that if you are going to be working in Coastlands clinic that you try renting somewhere between Raumati, Paraparaumu and Waikanae. Go for a short term rental or holiday bach. This will give you the opportunity to have a good look round and decide where you want to live.

Good luck

RosieSue
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Whatever happened to Wellington City. God knows what the appeal is about the Kapati Coast or The Hutt, though keep away from Wainui and the less I mention about Porirua the better

Dirk
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:06 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
Whatever happened to Wellington City. God knows what the appeal is about the Kapati Coast or The Hutt, though keep away from Wainui and the less I mention about Porirua the better

Dirk
I was going to say that....obviously Wellington City is too urban.....

(Is there a little yellow man icon that laughs until it is sick?)
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

City Slickers rule
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ceri75
Hi there... when i first posted on this site my destination was to be Auckland & had great responses from everyone with there own experiences & advice. Things have since changed & i'll now be heading to a clinic in either Paraparaumu OR Lower Hutt! mid sept!! I have no recce under my belt & am unable to do so, so was hoping you could oblige again ???
about me .....i'm going over alone (+ 2 dogs !!), do not want inner city living really, though not ready for the recluse lif just yet.. can anyone give me info on whats on offer for these 2?
i know this is rather vague , but tinternet searches are giving me a headache & not neccesarily an accurate view. decisions....decisions.....
cheers
ceri
We spent 2 years in the western hills above Lower Hutt - have a look at Korokoro, Maungaraki, Normandale, Kelson, Belmont - good value housing - there are some great views from these settlements, down to the Hutt Valley - twinkling night lights - and through to Wellington harbour - big water views - rural feel with pungas, native birdsong - Petone beach is a dog walk zone, from motorway to Petone wharf, with a fresh water lagoon at motorway end - good if, like The Beautiful Bruno, my german shepherd, salt-water and sand makes a dog itch! - fantastic dog walks alongside the Hutt river - providing you stay within the stop bank and the river, dogs can run free - you can walk dogs from the sea-shore at Petone through the Hutt Valley for hours.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:15 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.