Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Desperate for work in Tauranga

Desperate for work in Tauranga

Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:39 am
Tauranga

chubnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desperate for work in Tauranga

Hi all, Well where do i start? I got laid off from Fitzroy in New Plymouth in September, Never really liked the place so me, my partner and my daughter all came to Tauranga 2 weeks ago. We have approx 3 weeks to find work or we will have to sell everything and move back to the U.K. Which we don't want to do. I know a lot of jobs here are by word of mouth so hoping someone here knows of something. I am a mech fitter but will do anything that pays. My partner has worked in care homes in N Plymouth and has given C.V.s out to a few place in Mt Maunganui,( where we live) as she doesn't drive and my daughter worked in New World. I have done a lot of cold calling, delivering my C.V. everywhere but nothing as yet. We all go on seek etc. So if any of you here any chinese whispers please feel free to let us know.
thanks
Old Oct 28th 2010, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate for work in Tauranga

Hey Chubnut, sorry I can't help you, bar bumping your post back to the fore as it dropped off to second page and probably will get missed.

Hope you find something soon!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:21 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Have you only got enough back up funds to cover you for 5 weeks?

If that's the case then whats going to be different back in the UK?

Confused!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:22 am
Tauranga

Back in the U.K. i will go back into contracting and will get work pretty quick and well paid work, But would much rather stay here even if i have to take minimum wage for now
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:10 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chubnut
Hi all, Well where do i start? I got laid off from Fitzroy in New Plymouth in September, Never really liked the place so me, my partner and my daughter all came to Tauranga 2 weeks ago. We have approx 3 weeks to find work or we will have to sell everything and move back to the U.K. Which we don't want to do. I know a lot of jobs here are by word of mouth so hoping someone here knows of something. I am a mech fitter but will do anything that pays. My partner has worked in care homes in N Plymouth and has given C.V.s out to a few place in Mt Maunganui,( where we live) as she doesn't drive and my daughter worked in New World. I have done a lot of cold calling, delivering my C.V. everywhere but nothing as yet. We all go on seek etc. So if any of you here any chinese whispers please feel free to let us know.
thanks
Hi there
Try City Care in Tauranga
they are looking for two fitters
send me a PM if you want any more info
but try looking on there website
good luck
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:53 am
Tauranga

Thanks for reply,
I have applied for the city care job, I am waiting for my updated C.V. back as it needed a bit of tweeking apparently to make it more kiwi friendly. The agent that got us over here has got his office staff to amend it for me. If it looks a lot more appealing when i get it back i will re apply.
Will just keep checking all the usual places and apply for anything thats suitable. My partner is fairing better as she has a start for Monday, and another interview so things are looking rosier.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

bump .

jobs for anywhere in nz?