Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Der, der, der... 1 WEEK TO GO!

Der, der, der... 1 WEEK TO GO!

Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:31 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Der, der, der... 1 WEEK TO GO!

So this time next week we will be all packed up ready for the one-way flight in the morning

Can't quite believe the time has come?!

Had John Mason removers in on Monday and couldn't recommend them enough, great service and the removal men were lovely... ended up taking more than we originally intended but it will be nice to see it at the other side!

Have our leaving party at a local social club on Fri with 200 friends and family, should be a good night but we are also slightly dreading it as know it will be very emotional and the last time we will see some of them for years if ever... still I intend to have a great night and dance my stilettos off with a good few voddies!

Still even though we will miss everyone an incredible amount, we still know we are making the right decision and are very excited to start a new life!

Plus a small sunshine break in LA and Vegas en-route will put the smiles back on our faces ready to greet my parents at Auckland airport!!!
(well thats if my husband doesn't bankrupt us in Vegas! )

Last edited by Flower Pot; Jun 9th 2010 at 8:52 am.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Der, der, der... 1 WEEK TO GO!

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
So this time next week we will be all packed up ready for the one-way flight in the morning

Had John Mason removers in on Monday and couldn't recommend them enough, great service and the removal men were lovely... ended up taking more than we originally intended but it will be nice to see it at the other side!

Have our leaving party at a local social club on Fri with 200 friends and family, should be a good night but we are also slightly dreading it as know it will be very emotional and the last time we will see some of them for years if ever... still I intend to have a great night and dance my socks off with a good few voddies!

Still even though we will miss everyone an incredible amount, we still know we are making the right decision and are very excited to start a new life!

Plus a small sunshine break in LA and Vegas en-route will put the smiles back on our faces ready to greet my parents at Auckland airport!!!

Good Luck with everything to do with your move.
We used John Mason 2 and have no complaints with the service or delivery. (No Breakages at all )

Hopefully you will love NZ as much as we do. You will be here before you know it!!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck flowerpot!!!

Have a safe journey, a great break in vegas (you'll no doubt arrive all tanned and make all the locals envious) and make sure you have plenty of tissues for Friday!

Looking forward to all your updates from kiwiland

Dannigirl
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

HI,
I read your email and it took me back to 10 weeks ago when were doing the same, what a rollercoster eh Have a great time in vegas ready to start your new life here in NZ
forshy
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Good luck guys you'll have a fab time in Vegas.

C ya in Orewa
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:11 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

On your 'ten weeks to go thread' I wrote :-

"I'll be watching your progress with interest because just when you arrive we'll be exactly where you are now"

Ooooh eck! I've only got about eleven weeks to go! Thanks for reminding me

Good luck over the last few days. Hope your trip goes smoothly and we hear from you when you get to "the other side".

WP
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

If you have time in Vegas you have to see Cirque du sol the show is called KA at the MGM (book before you fly) also the Rat pack show at the Greek Isles is well worth a night out

Enjoy your new life

Neil
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice

Have our leaving party at a local social club on Fri with 200 friends and family, should be a good night but we are also slightly dreading it as know it will be very emotional and the last time we will see some of them for years if ever... still I intend to have a great night and dance my stilettos off with a good few voddies!

Good luck it will be a busy week, we fly out in 6 sleeps, so far we have been out for meals and parties for the last 6 nights and are booked for the next 5 also all the best and will catch up on the other side.

Paul
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:46 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Safe trip flowerpot have a great time in Vegas. Look forward to we are here thread

Dewb
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your last week in Blighty chuck. Have a safe journey & a great time in Vegas. Saw your Mum last night & she is counting down the days Looking forward to seeing you soon x
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

enjoy your last week! it will fly by and you'll be on the plane before you know it!
its great here and we're sure you'll love it too! have a great journey
M&J
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:15 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Get somebody to set up a video camera in the corner for friends to leave a few messages (like they do on X Factor) Could be funny (or sad) when you watch it back in a few weeks / months time!

Enjoy the flight.....
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:39 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooo, have a fabulous leaving do. A wonderful break in Vegas and then it'll be WELCOME HOME!!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:20 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Der, der, der... 1 WEEK TO GO!

Thanks all, wasn't prepared for this roller coaster of emotions but doing OK I think!
We also have something planned almost every day and night until we leave now, I've turned into a bit of a blubbering wino!
Vital - so excited to see my mum and dad, cant believe its been almost a yr and a half! I see a few vodkas coming on (see, this emigrating malarky has turned me into a raving alckie!!!)

Ooo-er... NZ will be HOME, crazy!

Thanks again for all your kind comments, good idea about the cam sir plug, will get my bro on the case!

Good luck to everyone else running round like a drunken headless chicken!