British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Dependant child student visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/dependant-child-student-visa-900447/)

inkedneonurse Jul 24th 2017 7:46 pm

Dependant child student visa

So being the impatient bugger I am, I'm now looking into the temporary visas whilst waiting for residency to come through. With the Brats it states proof of on ward travel ( specifically that I have money to buy a return ticket) and that I have enough money to support them.......will my job offer and salary be sufficient to prove this? anyone had problems with probing the above points?

escapedtonz Jul 24th 2017 7:55 pm

Re: Dependant child student visa

No I don't think it does ?
I believe you need to have proof of the actual readies in the bank - enough to buy a ticket out of NZ to a country the applicant can travel to (doesn't necessarily have to be back to the UK) or at least prove they have access to sufficient funds via a credit card or even a relative.

inkedneonurse Jul 24th 2017 7:59 pm

Hmmmm that could be a gigantic pain in the ass...especially as it's obvious I have no intention of leaving the country what with SMC paperwork on and all that

escapedtonz Jul 24th 2017 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12302105)
Hmmmm that could be a gigantic pain in the ass...especially as it's obvious I have no intention of leaving the country what with SMC paperwork on and all that

You'd probably never even be asked to prove it, given that the SMC application is being processed but then again if you get a CO that follows the Ops Manual to the letter then maybe you will. Why not just be patient and wait:drinkingbeer::eek:

inkedneonurse Jul 24th 2017 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 12302108)
You'd probably never even be asked to prove it, given that the SMC application is being processed but then again if you get a CO that follows the Ops Manual to the letter then maybe you will. Why not just be patient and wait:drinkingbeer::eek:

Work want me to start 23 October amongst other reasons, thanks for the advice as always, she'll be right.....I guess knowing my luck they will all get granted on the same day
:hysterical:

Bo-Jangles Jul 25th 2017 7:30 am

I'd say be patient too, there may be consequences that are not immediately apparent and you don't want to risk something going wrong like this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/trave...ion-goes-wrong

inkedneonurse Jul 25th 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 12302455)
I'd say be patient too, there may be consequences that are not immediately apparent and you don't want to risk something going wrong like this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/trave...ion-goes-wrong

Well that was a confusing article and a very different situation ..but I take your warning

MrsFychan Jul 25th 2017 8:03 am

Does Immigration know of your start date??

inkedneonurse Jul 25th 2017 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12302488)
Does Immigration know of your start date??

Yep it's on the paperwork I sent

MrsFychan Jul 25th 2017 8:15 am

Have you got a Case Officer yet?

MrsFychan Jul 25th 2017 8:17 am

so Immigration guide lines for visa is 6months??

inkedneonurse Jul 25th 2017 8:24 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12302500)
so Immigration guide lines for visa is 6months??

No case officerand the letter we got following lodgement stated that even that could take up to 6 months

MrsFychan Jul 25th 2017 10:10 am

ok so personally I would, when you get your Case Officers details, contact them and introduce yourself and have a general chit chat and start a relationship with the CO. When you feel it is appropriate mention the start date and ask if they feel the visa decision will be made before that date or if you should be looking at a temp visa to get you over and if so which one

inkedneonurse Jul 25th 2017 10:12 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12302584)
ok so personally I would, when you get your Case Officers details, contact them and introduce yourself and have a general chit chat and start a relationship with the CO. When you feel it is appropriate mention the start date and ask if they feel the visa decision will be made before that date or if you should be looking at a temp visa to get you over and if so which one

Sage advice as always Mrs F

inkedneonurse Jul 25th 2017 10:26 am

Hopefully I will have a CO before my deadline to put in for the visas (14 Aug) that will have been a month since lodgement