dentist question

Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice
Default dentist question

Hi guys

Well I need to have a tooth extracted and I ahve just been quoted 50-120£ in the uk, should I have it done here or wait until I get to NZ. I also need some fillings too. What would members do if given the choice?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:13 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dentist question

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
Hi guys

Well I need to have a tooth extracted and I ahve just been quoted 50-120£ in the uk, should I have it done here or wait until I get to NZ. I also need some fillings too. What would members do if given the choice?
Yikes!

When is your expected arrival date in NZ?

What is going to fill the gap afterwards so you don't have a nasty hole?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
Yikes!

When is your expected arrival date in NZ?

What is going to fill the gap afterwards so you don't have a nasty hole?
I arrive on jan 22nd, there will be no gap its the last tooth far left corner of the bottom row. Also need the far right corner top row tooth extracted too.
looking at 200£ all in, just wondering if it would be cheaper to do in NZ.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I arrive on jan 22nd, there will be no gap its the last tooth far left corner of the bottom row. Also need the far right corner top row tooth extracted too.
looking at 200£ all in, just wondering if it would be cheaper to do in NZ.
Where will you be in NZ?

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 11th 2007 at 10:12 am.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by crap coffee
where about NZ ?
Ditto. where in NZ?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

I will be auckland pukekohe to be precise.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

I will be auckland pukekohe to be precise.
hi jacky g here, were in auckland,arrived here in july

and have now been to the dentist 3 times since arriving...

2 absecces,had to get the teeth out and i root canal...thats after getting my check up just before coming out...

trust me get it done back home before you come out....
dentists are expensive here...

since arriving in july have paid $2500 to $3000 on dentist...get everything done that needs done before coming outhope this helps..
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

UK
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:26 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think you should get it taken out in the UK – not because of any opinions about dentistry (I hated my NHS dentists in the UK – I seriously expected on of them to have a foot operated drill in his surgery) but rather because it would be freaken painful if something goes wrong in the meantime As for costs, I was quoted $150 to have a tooth taken out at a very respectable dentistry surgery in Wellington using a local anaesthetic, $400 to have it taken out with an IV line.

The tooth next to it which requires a filling will cost about the same - $150 for the filling under a local, $400 with an IV line. Stupid tooth growing on top of another one and finally causing me problems
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:32 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I'd say schedule yourself some extra time on the flight out here and have a stopover in Bangkok and get your teeth sorted there. There are many top quality dentists who can get your dental work done at a fraction of the cost of New Zealand dentists. Yeah, don't worry, the dentists are mostly graduates of US, Australian or British dental schools and they have all the latest technology.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:24 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I'd say schedule yourself some extra time on the flight out here and have a stopover in Bangkok and get your teeth sorted there. There are many top quality dentists who can get your dental work done at a fraction of the cost of New Zealand dentists. Yeah, don't worry, the dentists are mostly graduates of US, Australian or British dental schools and they have all the latest technology.
lots of Kiwis take a holiday in Thailand and the money they spend on the flights is saved on the dental fess..........I wonder why that might be?????????????
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

hi guys thanks for the advice, well I it the bullet and had one taken out yestrerday, cost 80 quid in the end, its strange how quickly you are seen if you go private, I am having the next one done in a weeks time. Didn't really hurt that much to be honest, the guy was pretty good. Need a filling too but he said to wait until i get over there. Did say i could keep the tooth if I wanted but to save it would cost £500, just can't afford that at the mow so got it ripped out.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happynz
I did think about doing this, but we have had the flight booked for months now and it stops in hong kong, not thailand unfortunatley. May do this though for future work that is needed.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

hi guys thanks for the advice, well I it the bullet and had one taken out yestrerday, cost 80 quid in the end, its strange how quickly you are seen if you go private, I am having the next one done in a weeks time. Didn't really hurt that much to be honest, the guy was pretty good. Need a filling too but he said to wait until i get over there. Did say i could keep the tooth if I wanted but to save it would cost £500, just can't afford that at the mow so got it ripped out.
can you not get NHS dentist.or is that just a silly question for uki know there getting harder to track down.....my dentist back in uk said that he would take myself and my family back on his books if we ever came back.....or if we came back for a holiday...jacky
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garryhg
can you not get NHS dentist.or is that just a silly question for uki know there getting harder to track down.....my dentist back in uk said that he would take myself and my family back on his books if we ever came back.....or if we came back for a holiday...jacky
well yes probably could but you have to wait. Last time took over a week, to be honest I can afford 160 quid so i just wanted it sorted. its a pain eitherwise you got to phone nhs direct to give you number of the nhs dental practices in your area that are willing to do the work then you have to see if they can fit you in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.