Dehumidifiers

Old May 8th 2007, 10:39 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dehumidifiers

Originally Posted by Karen2000
Hi

Does the DVS system really heat the house ? I have seen adverts for it and wondered how effective it really is. We have a tiled roof would this make any difference to the heat it might produce ? sorry if I sound thick ! Do you have any additional form of heating ?
Thanks Karen
Ours definitely makes a big difference to the temperature in the house if it's been sunny - but you can't rely on it. You can get a heater element for it but all it does it warm the air slightly, it doesn't fully heat the house. The DVS guy didn't seem to think much of it.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:11 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karen2000
Hi

Does the DVS system really heat the house ? I have seen adverts for it and wondered how effective it really is. We have a tiled roof would this make any difference to the heat it might produce ? sorry if I sound thick ! Do you have any additional form of heating ?
Thanks Karen
No, it doesn't heat that much but if it is on anyway, may as well have the extra heat. We have a heat pump for the main living/kitchen area, a wall mounted radiator in th bedroom lobby and a couple of heaters in the bedrooms. We have them on timers but to be honest, they haven't been on much yet.
We are in the process of having a heated towel rail and bathroom heater fitted but as the electrician dropped parts of his drill into the wall cavity and had to order more (), they are not up and running yet. That is one thing I refuse to compromise on: I HATE a cold bathroom
Old May 9th 2007, 1:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I use our dehumdifer in the bedrooms in the morning and in the laundry room.

The idea is that dry air is quicker and therefore cheaper to heat than damp air

I just bought a delonghi one from Noel Leeming for $399. It has a laundry setting too which is good if it's damp and you have stuff that needs drying.

If anyone suffers from asthma they are very beneficial too
Old May 9th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

they are very heavy things ! i would buy one here in nz . it is not yet cold enough for effective use yet, condensation is still minimal, but beginning !
Old May 9th 2007, 6:33 pm
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
they are very heavy things ! i would buy one here in nz!
I dont think they will be bringing the on the plane, so weight should not matter too much
Old May 9th 2007, 10:43 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend that you wait until you are here - as some homes do not require them, either because they have better insulation and/or double glazing, or they have heat pumps or DVS/Moisture Master type ventilation systems.
Old May 9th 2007, 10:47 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Southerner
Old May 10th 2007, 1:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by karonious
If your house doesn't have double glazing, you will need them.
We need one We have a 30 year old house with a wood burner. This house has half an upstairs. We also need ot investigate heat transference . There is a ceiling fan but upstairs instantly becomes too hot , whereas the two downstairs back rooms remain cold.
Old May 10th 2007, 6:36 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs. What the heck is your Avatar?

Is it a Moa?
Old May 10th 2007, 6:57 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

It's a Pukeko!