Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Decemeber Beach afternoon at Long Bay/Beach

Decemeber Beach afternoon at Long Bay/Beach

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default December Beach afternoon at Long Bay/Beach

Who is interested in all meeting up for the afternoon? Just want to get an idea as to what weekend dates are favourable in December with all things Christmas going on.

Long bay is a nice beach and a good location for both Auckland and further north to meet-up (Irish-eyes etc)

My wife checked about booking a BBQ - ouch $100. Apparently you can chance it and grab a barby subject to availability.

If anyone has any ideas about activities to do whilst there I'm all ears (volleyball/drinking/eating/beach cricket etc etc)

But lets get an agreed date first........over to you all

Last edited by zaras dad; Nov 3rd 2009 at 8:01 pm. Reason: bad spelling
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:32 pm

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice
Default Re: Decemeber Beach afternoon at Long Bay/Beach

hiya
we are up on the whangaparaoa but would be up for it.

we used to live in long bay and i would suggest meeting early because on sunny busy days the queues to get into the park used to stretch way back and on very busy days like new years day the queues went as far back as the east coast road!! and they closed the park to anyone else at about 10am !!

and you have to blag the good spots- cos you wouldnt believe the amount of stuff people woudl bring- like huge marquees and get the best spots near the beach!

but it all sounds good- dont think any definate plans for dec yet so cant help there. - any date for us.

cheers
lily
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

same here .no definate plans for December yet so just name a day and we will put it in the diary !!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

Sounds like a good plan. Nothing in our diary for December yet. And assuming that 10 families fancied it, $10 each isn't going to break even our bank and would give us our own patch to play swingball in
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Would love to but we don't land until New Year's Eve. Count us in for the next one though!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm already quite booked up for December Only two Sunday's I've got available are the 6th & 20th.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Gills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really nice

We are up for it, not the 6th for us but otherwise we are free.

Also happy to contribute to the $100 if we get enough interest. Well up for a BBQ.

As for entertainment just needs bats and balls of various descriptions, maybe a net too for volleyball/badminton etc. Could also play football (or soccer if you arent european)

Looking forward to it
Old Nov 7th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Vamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the rough

Would be up for this depending on when it is as we dont arrive till Dec 12th. If we cant make this one we will definitely be up for the next one.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Count us in I hope !!
I start my new job in one week but unfortunatley it is rostered shifts and I don't have them yet....so watch this space. If I'm off work, we'll definatley go
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:18 am
Just Joined

realbeard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anniiee
Count us in I hope !!
I start my new job in one week but unfortunatley it is rostered shifts and I don't have them yet....so watch this space. If I'm off work, we'll definatley go
I'm up for most weekends except the weekend of the 12th/13th. 20th sounds good to me then??
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really nice

Shall we confirm the 20th then so people can keep it in their diaries?

If we can get enough to confirm we can look at booking that BBQ.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 10:02 pm

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

20th is good for us - just the two of us
Old Nov 13th 2009, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: December Beach afternoon at Long Bay/Beach

Rrrrrrrright! Sunday December 20th we'll go for. First of all lets have a show of hands.

If you copy and paste my details and then add your own below it and the next person does the same - we then have a running list. This will give us an idea of numbers and then we discuss activities like bbqs........drinking and things like volleyball,beach cricket etc.

so.............gonna be a busy few days for us with Johns christening the day b4 (hopefully) and Expat drinks at The Slipp Inn on weds 23rd

Zaras Dad (Ian & Treen, Zara 4, John 1 plus my Mum n dad over from blighty)

Last edited by zaras dad; Nov 13th 2009 at 12:51 am.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Gills (Dan & Faye)
Old Nov 13th 2009, 5:13 am
Just Joined

realbeard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gills
Gills (Dan & Faye)
Gills (Dan & Faye)
Realbeard (Paul - billy no mates :-/ )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.