Daylight savings

Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daylight savings

Even if it is a stupid name for it, I just notice in my diary that daylight saving starts tonight so don' forget to wind your NZ clocks on one hour and loose an hours sleep.

You can then waste another hour of your life changing your watch, the DVD player, the cooker, the alarm clock, the kitchen clock and the clock in the car.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Daylight savings

Ah yes the festival of clock changing. Observed in households across the country ! Who will be the first this year to say, 'I didn't know we had so many clocks'.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 9:46 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget the batteries in your smoke alarms
Old Sep 24th 2011, 9:58 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Don't forget the batteries in your smoke alarms
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:00 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
when the clocks change you should check your smoke alarms or get some!
been to plenty of places where the fresh battery literally save a life/lives

http://tvnz.co.nz/fair-go/sounding-a...-video-4346815
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:03 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
when the clocks change you should check your smoke alarms or get some!
been to plenty of places where the fresh battery literally save a life/lives
Ah I see - good advice. I pulled mine from the ceiling and broke it. Well how did I know you were supposed to unscrew them? Still works, but it's sitting on the piano now.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:07 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by jmh
Ah I see - good advice. I pulled mine from the ceiling and broke it. Well how did I know you were supposed to unscrew them? Still works, but it's sitting on the piano now.
not much use there as the smoke level would need to be pretty low for that to work.
Dick Smith have some cheap ones. Make sure you avoid the dead spaces in the corners of the room.
We have a mix of optical and ionisation with wireless bases so if one sounds they all do.
Check out this linky for where and how to install:

http://knowledgeweb.afac.com.au/posi...n1June2006.pdf

Last edited by lardyl; Sep 24th 2011 at 10:09 am. Reason: bad link
Old Sep 24th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

oh no, I have to go to the gym one hour earlier

Jan
Old Sep 25th 2011, 9:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Jan
far far worse is getting the kids into the new sleep routine - I prophesy hell for the next
Old Sep 25th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

For quite a while, you have been 11 hours in front of the UK. Now you are 12 and in around 5 or 6 weeks time you will be 13! My brain hurts trying to work out when to call hubby and boys
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
For quite a while, you have been 11 hours in front of the UK. Now you are 12 and in around 5 or 6 weeks time you will be 13! My brain hurts trying to work out when to call hubby and boys
We have the world timezones website as one of our favourites for exactly that purpose!!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:03 am
you dewty owld maan!

Just found out the most annoying part - it's the times of Aussie TV, Swift & Shift Couriers and Pizza are on an hour later. Bugger. I love SBS

Last edited by lardyl; Sep 26th 2011 at 11:10 am.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:56 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Jan