Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

day/lunch time met Paraparumu

day/lunch time met Paraparumu

Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default day/lunch time met Paraparumu

who's up for one in the next week or so?

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jul 15th 2012 at 8:38 am. Reason: Paraparaumu - s'cuse spelling
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: day/lunch time met Paraparumu

I can do a quick one next Thurs during lunch break or a slightly longer one next Friday.

I'll bring a hacksaw for the chocolate brownie and a picture story book to share
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:39 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

what time can you do next Friday?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: day/lunch time met Paraparumu

I can make next Friday too! although I have to get the kids from school at 2.45pm....

would this work? I am 60K away....I really want to come!

Anna
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:00 am

that would be great Anna. I need to be back for 2.45 for work so that would be good.
What time do you want to meet up then.?

going to nag BabyBella as well but as she works at school not sure if she can make it.
Hind can't make this one as got a date with her hubby in Wellington

Any other takers ?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

How about midday then?

If Anna has to get back to Foxton and nobody has to be in Paraparaumu Beach, we could go to the Red House Cafe in Te Horo as it's on SH1 or there's a new cafe on the beach in Waikanae called Waimea (used to be the Drift) that I haven't been to since its changed hands but I know the views are amazing! Depends on what your plans are? Let me know what you think.

http://www.theredhousecafe.co.nz/

http://www.menumania.co.nz/restauran...a-kapiti-coast
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:12 am

was going to suggest we change to Waikanae as would be that bit nearer for Anna
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

I haven't a clue where you mean! But have sat nav. Hope I don't end up in a ditch!!!!!

Sat nav reckons an hour.... How bout 11/12 ish?

And where bouts when I am there?

Anna x
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Te Horo is closer .....

But don't want to be a pain, don't mind doing my fair share of travelling....
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waikanae is only 5 mins from Te Horo and probably a bit nicer than the highway, so we'll say midday at Waimea Cafe, Waimea Road Waikanae Beach?

If you've got sat nav you should be okay but this is the fastest way from the north (I know Mrs F knows how to get there!)

Just after Otaki is Te Horo (blink and you'll miss it!). You'll see the red house cafe on your right.

Just after Te Horo turn right to Peka Peka. There is a right hand turning lane and a large Garden Centre (Harrisons) on the right hand corner.

Follow the straight road for a couple of km towards the beach.
Just before the beach car park turn left towards Waikanae Beach.
Follow the road for 2/3km into Waikanae Beach (Rutherford Road).
Turn left into William Street
Keep going over the stream, past the golf course until the junction by the bowling club.
Turn right towards Waikanae Beach (Te Moana Road)
The road turns sharply to the left, keep going past 4square, Long beach Cafe and the park/beach on your right.
About 500m after the park there is a turning on the right which has a sign Waimea and Boat Club.
The Cafe is on the right (easy to find).

If you miss the turning to Peka Peka, keep going along SH1 into Waikanae itself. You'll see the station on the left and the shops on the right.
At the 2nd set of traffic lights, turn right into Te Moana Road (there is a mobil petrol station at the junction).
Follow Te Moana Road through Waikanae, past the fire station, bowling club etc. Keep going past the Melt Cafe, Golf course and beach motel.
Just after the motel the road divides and there is a chocolate shop. Take the left hand turning (which is infact straight on).
Follow that to the end, turn left onto Tutere Street (the beach is in front of you).
After 100m turn right into the Waimea car park/boat club.

See you there.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: day/lunch time met Paraparumu

Sounds great!

I will see you there.

Anna
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Realised a slight mistake so changed it - don't want you to get lost!

Just after Te Horo turn right to Peka Peka. There is a right hand turning lane and a large Garden Centre (Harrisons) on the right hand corner.
Follow the straight road for a couple of km towards the beach.
Just before the beach car park turn left towards Waikanae Beach.
Follow the road for 2/3km into Waikanae Beach (Rutherford Road).
Turn left into William Street at the junction.
Keep going over the stream, past the golf course until the junction by the bowling club.
Turn right towards Waikanae Beach (Te Moana Road)
At the end of Te Moana Road (about 50m long) you're at the beach,
Turn left (Long Beach cafe is on the corner) into Tutere Street
About 500m after the park there is a turning on the right which has a sign Waimea and Boat Club.
The Cafe is on the right (easy to find).
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Ok, got it now! I will pm you my mobile number! Just in case....

Anna
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:36 am

anyone else want to meet up with myself, Moso and crumpy10.

going to be meeting in Waikanae now at midday
Old Jul 24th 2012, 9:37 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good but I'm not around on Friday. Anna, could we meet for lunch at Foxton one day please ? Or Levin ? It will take me an hour and a half to get to Waikanae. Anyone else fancy driving north of Wellington to meet up ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.