Wikiposts

Dawn1972

Old May 1st 2007, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Dawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the rough
Default Dawn1972

Hi everyone,Could I please pick at your knowledge ? My OH has got to pick between 2 locations one job is in Hornby the other is in Phillipstown. We are not used to living in very built-up areas and would like to live in a place with a family friendly community feel to it,with a rural outlook.I would be very grateful to anybodies input and of any areas they have to suggest. quote for the day: May your day be blessed with happiness x.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice
Default Re: Dawn1972

Originally Posted by Dawn1972
Hi everyone,Could I please pick at your knowledge ? My OH has got to pick between 2 locations one job is in Hornby the other is in Phillipstown. We are not used to living in very built-up areas and would like to live in a place with a family friendly community feel to it,with a rural outlook.I would be very grateful to anybodies input and of any areas they have to suggest. quote for the day: May your day be blessed with happiness x.
Philipstown is crap. Go out Hornby way. Lotsa rural properties out there with great views to the Alps. It also connects to the main roads that'll take you north and its a quick trip to the airport from there.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:22 am
Just Joined

natpryce will become famous soon enough

Hello Dawn,
I'd agree with nzer57, Hornby is definitely the best bet with plenty of rural locations very close to town- perfect location would be templeton as it is so close but consider others like Prebbleton, Broadfield, West Melton, Yaldhurst etc.... In my opinion Phillipstown is not that great.
Good luck!
Nat
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:23 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dawn1972
Christchurch isn't that big. I don't imagine that the location of you partner's employment should affect your decision on where to live. Phillipstown is around Jade Stadium and it is mostly light industrial, not much housing anyway. Hornby has a big mall and lots of housing (most of the houses are modest).

But seeing as how you'd prefer something less urban/suburban try out towards Lincoln or Tai Tapu. Maybe even head west towards Melton.

But the best thing is not to stress about it. You really need to have a look around first. At any rate, Christchurch is not some huge heaving metropolitan area. You'll find that getting anywhere in the city is not that bad.

Happy hunting.
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Dawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for answers I must admit to be drawn to the outer areas around Hornby. Thanks again to your replies.