British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Dawn1972 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/dawn1972-446121/)

Dawn1972 Apr 30th 2007 12:53 pm

Dawn1972

Hi My name is Dawn and I am married with 2 children.We are hoping to move to Christchurch within the next 2 months.And at the moment we are having shipping companies round and deciding what to take.Richard my huband is a carpenter and we are going over to NZ on a work to residence visa.Our 2 children are Samuel 8, and Robyn 13.And we are slightly stressed trying to sort everything out at the mo.

kato33 Apr 30th 2007 12:55 pm

Re: Dawn1972

Originally Posted by Dawn1972 (Post 4718024)
Hi My name is Dawn and I am married with 2 children.We are hoping to move to Christchurch within the next 2 months.And at the moment we are having shipping companies round and deciding what to take.Richard my huband is a carpenter and we are going over to NZ on a work to residence visa.Our 2 children are Samuel 8, and Robyn 13.And we are slightly stressed trying to sort everything out at the mo.

Welcome Dawn,

There are plenty of really good people on here who will answer your questions.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you and your family.

Nici

happynz Apr 30th 2007 1:13 pm

So, you'll arrive end of June, early July? Be aware that there will be a two week school holiday from Monday 2 July to Friday 13 July.

As for Christchurch in June, July and August, brrrr...bring your woolies. Oh yeah, 'cos a lot of the older places still use outdated wood burners and 'cos Christchurch has these occasional inversion layers during winter, the city has the aroma of a campfire. But anyway, a rain usually comes along or a big wind and and the skies are scrubbed clean.

Welcome to Christchurch.

just sam Apr 30th 2007 1:15 pm

welcome to the forum, you sound like you are very busy. hope it all goes ok , let us know how the move goes, sam :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you sound like you need some karma.....there you go:rofl: :rofl:

ezzkazz Apr 30th 2007 2:36 pm

Hi Dawn, we are in a very similar situation yourselves but with perhaps 4 months to go. Good luck, hope it all goes well.

suzi n steve Apr 30th 2007 3:05 pm

Hi Dawn, welcome to the boards. Sounds like you have your hands full at the moment.

Hope the move goes smoothly for you. Any questions there will be someone on here who will be able to help.

Dawn1972 Apr 30th 2007 7:32 pm

:D Thanks to everyones kind replies:) It`s nice to know other peps are going through the same. And made me feel alot more relaxed as was quite nervous when 1st on forum.a BIG thanks guys for taking the time to reply x.

NLSE Apr 30th 2007 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dawn1972 (Post 4719399)
:D Thanks to everyones kind replies:) It`s nice to know other peps are going through the same. And made me feel alot more relaxed as was quite nervous when 1st on forum.a BIG thanks guys for taking the time to reply x.

Hello Dawn! :D I'm very new here myself!

We're going through the same as you. I've only just started posting on this forum (been reading for a while).

I've had so much help already! Even though I'm new - I hope I can help you too! :D

BEVS May 6th 2007 5:12 am

Hi you newbies.
Get stuck into the posting. It's fun , helpful and its good to talk and know there are people out there same as yu.

We came to New Zealand three years ago this June, so I would echo about packing those thermals and woolies. Get yourselves a rental with a wood burner or a heat pump to keep the chill off & take advantage of the ski season down there. your kids will love it.

When it comes to shipping your stuff, bring everything you can with you. Everything ! All of It ! Stuff the container to the gunnlels and if you think there will be spare space, fill it with something useful to you.