Dargaville??

Old May 27th 2011, 10:02 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dargaville??

Originally Posted by j19fmm
I've had great holidays at Bayleys Beach
Ditto.....and driven the length of the beach..........bigger than 90 mile.....
Old May 27th 2011, 11:28 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

campsites great - Bayleys beach and Kai-iwi lakes, top 10 and Kauri coast.

The area is also the Kumara capital of NZ!!

As for Dargaville - small hick town where everyone knows everyone..... ohh yes and they're all related too!
Old May 27th 2011, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough

Bayleys beach is just gorgeous, perfect for driving on too. Kai iwi lake is fab, my kids loved it, pure white sand around the lake and a swing in the middle of it - they had the time of their lives, and cried when we left. Would also recommend going to Opononi, we caught the boat from there which takes you over to the sand dunes for sandboarding. Make sure you have your toggs with you though - amazing.

We have loads of photos, but not sure how to upload them on here.
Andrea x
Old May 28th 2011, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

It was a while ago, '97 infact. My parents had come over for a visit from UK and we went on a road trip pre booking all our sites. Lovely, until we reached Dargaville. We were shown our motel room which we had to wait half an hour for. The room smelt strongly of fags and dog and was filthy.
We noticed outside a 'family' of about 6 or 7 people looking in at us. One of them had a Kendo stick and was twirling it around staring at us. We realised that they had been living in the room and had been placed there by the social. The manager had obviously kicked them out to make room for us. When they started shouting abuse we decided it was time to quietly leave as from the size of them we new we would have come off second best.
Mind you we did stop to give the manager what for!
We found lovely alternative accommodation somewhere else. That is my lasting memory of Dargaville, so not a place that I would choose to return to.
Mind you, I'd be annoyed if someone turfed me out of my 'home'.
Old May 28th 2011, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martyc
Mind you, I'd be annoyed if someone turfed me out of my 'home'.
We've found this to be an issue at some campsites and it has put us off, we've often found there is a contingent of rough arsed permanent or semi-permanent residents; especially roading and construction gangs (often they take their entire families along with a generator and half their furniture ). They can be very intimidating when they've taken over a place; crowding the kitchen and bathroom facilities as if they own the place. Not nice.