Dare you tell us?

Old Jan 18th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dare you tell us?

Originally Posted by dlmckay
I flashed the mod!
Nah, I had the misfortune to be embroiled in a "he said, she said" situation and got barred... hey ho.

It's the site with the horse truck and float picutre above the forum. Can't type the name here - it disappears! LOL
I have no idea which forum you mean but oops for getting barred

I dont like to get into fights as I generally loose
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:18 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orrsim
Hi,

I first looked at this site probably about June last year, by this time the tickets were booked to NZ but nothing else at all was organised and that is the way we have played it all along. We knew we were heading for Wellington but the rest was open and I wanted to find out some basic info, work, health etc...... just to give me some really basic ideas.

I was completely put off by everything I read, not about coming to NZ but just about using this forum at all. I could not believe the amount of negative comments, I started to think that the whole move was a big mistake, low wages, hard to find jobs, food is crap, people are crap.... the list goes on. It is probably the most useless site about moving to NZ ever and I would seriously take everything with a giant pinch of salt.

The reason I am posting today is because I just remembered this site and thought I should jump on and for those who really do use it as a useful tool, let you know that my experience of moving here has been entirely positive.

We found a place to live and well paid jobs in the fields we left within 2 - 3 weeks of arriving, we are now getting down to settling in and just enjoying life.

I'm not saying that moving is the easiest thing ever and some days are good and some are bad at first, but when you make a major change to your life this has got to be expected.
Hello Please post some more - your experience would be invaluable to people making the move. There are lots of us who're happy here but the more the merrier
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I have no idea which forum you mean but oops for getting barred

I dont like to get into fights as I generally loose
aah haa I do now, have been here before but could i remember its name NOOO

*runs of to see what a bad boy you've been*and your username is......or should i say was?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

I like to read the posts about the state of UK and how we lucky people have made it here, when so many Brits will never muster enough points to do the same. Feel truly sorry for the poorer peeps in the UK struggling on low income and living on inner-city estates and wonder what the future holds for them in such a grossly over-crowded country.

Also wonder if the people who moved here and went home again, may one day regret their decision to return. They probably don't realise at this moment the opportunity they have lost.

I personally don't think the Northern Hemisphere countries have a hope in hell of surviving the two converging world crises (oil and climate).

Bleak I know, but that's my view

Kip
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:25 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by dlmckay
I'm here because I got flung off another forum ...

But seriously, I've only ever wanted to help share my experiences as a middling family without major qualifications or high earning incomes, who are just bumbling through life and trying to make the best of what we've got! Joe Average if you like
Sounds like me, only I'm bumblier and middlinger.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kippers
I like to read the posts about the state of UK and how we lucky people have made it here, when so many Brits will never muster enough points to do the same. Feel truly sorry for the poorer peeps in the UK struggling on low income and living on inner-city estates and wonder what the future holds for them in such a grossly over-crowded country.

Also wonder if the people who moved here and went home again, may one day regret their decision to return. They probably don't realise at this moment the opportunity they have lost.

I personally don't think the Northern Hemisphere countries have a hope in hell of surviving the two converging world crises (oil and climate).

Bleak I know, but that's my view

Kip
I also like to read stuff about the uk, i read on the BBC website yesterday that inflation was up to 3% highest in 11 years...and I sent my husband an email saying inflation was 11%highest in 3yrsoops got that totally wrong, he came home and said 11% inflatiobn OMG how high is that, and I said NO its 3% , he said 'its still high, so glad we got out' dozey me
Old Jan 18th 2007, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Completely and utterly by accident, I had no idea that such things (ie. forums of this ilk) existed - but it makes me chuckle now so I stay.

And I think everyone here is happy about that! (actually I'm not quite ROFL but the green laughing face has gone - that one expressed what I'm saying much better.)
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:31 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
I callange you all to state why you visit this forum and why you post!!!
Because I like to slag people off and bitch about them and they cannot do anything about it

Oh, sorry thats another site I go on
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:32 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

To learn from others mistakes and to have a good old chin wag with like minded nutters
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Because I like to slag people off and bitch about them and they cannot do anything about it

You're gonna get a word from a Mod now.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

You mean we SHARE you?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mazi
You're gonna get a word from a Mod now.
I've learnt (thats a word ) some nice Kiwi words this last 16 days
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

I've learnt (thats a word ) some nice Kiwi words this last 16 days
Jack, 'nice' and 'kiwi words' do not sit comfortably in the same sentence.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Ah, you were being sarcastic!!!

Good to see you didn't lose your sense of humour while you were away!