Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dare I say things are looking up!

Dare I say things are looking up!

Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Dare I say things are looking up!

Currency is sitting at $2.16 wow I hope it continues to increase.

I wasn't expecting it to increase just yet what with up and comming election in the old blighty. Maybe the fact that Cameron is meant to be in a good lead has caused it to increase
Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dare I say things are looking up!

Originally Posted by Newfies
Currency is sitting at $2.16 wow I hope it continues to increase.

I wasn't expecting it to increase just yet what with up and comming election in the old blighty. Maybe the fact that Cameron is meant to be in a good lead has caused it to increase
Yep, fingers crossed. At least it's moving the right way.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:59 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

Seems like Nick Clegg' performance last night has put paid to that. We're probably in for a rooler coaster ride on the currency front in the next few weeks.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

I wonder if I started crossing my fingers for the increase to continue how long would they be cossed for before it all comes crashing down?

I so do want a spa pool but am refusing to buy one with the exchange at such a crap rate.

I would love to be able to exchange above 2.50 by the end of the year Am I living with m head in the clouds?
Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if I started crossing my fingers for the increase to continue how long would they be cossed for before it all comes crashing down?

I so do want a spa pool but am refusing to buy one with the exchange at such a crap rate.

I would love to be able to exchange above 2.50 by the end of the year Am I living with m head in the clouds?

1 year ago who would have 2.08 possible? It was around the $2.60/70 range then. Anything is possible. You only need something bad to happen to NZ in relation to dairy or tourism that will spook investors to go elsewhere. The kiwi $ is a fickle currency and inspite of the insignificant reserve bank behind it its one of the most traded currencies on earth. They say it goes up in value by the stairs and loses value via the express elevator downwards. I feel a change/correction is bound to happen sooner than later. Who knows how high it will go? It beggars belief that just a few years ago it spiked at over $3. Of course I had no GBPs then!!!!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:34 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

ssshhhhh dont mention it! if we ignore it it just may fall further. It did nudge 2.17 briefly

Dewb
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:48 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

I think at the mo that is not a good place to put your head....full of ash...
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stormer999
I think at the mo that is not a good place to put your head....full of ash...

True I did hear it was causing just a few problems in the old blighty. People are complaining that they have had to extend their holiday!!!!!

If I was planning a trip back at this precise moment I would not be complaining about the delay. It would be a huge relief any excuse for getting out of going back.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 7:27 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

True I did hear it was causing just a few problems in the old blighty. People are complaining that they have had to extend their holiday!!!!!

If I was planning a trip back at this precise moment I would not be complaining about the delay. It would be a huge relief any excuse for getting out of going back.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 7:31 am

Air travel in the Northern Hemisphere is so labourious since terrorism kicked in with air terminal waiting time being a lot longer than flying time (other than long haul) we are travelling high speed train this year and cutting out the bad tempered horrible UK airports.