British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Dare I say things are looking up! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/dare-i-say-things-looking-up-664283/)

Newfies Apr 16th 2010 9:08 am

Dare I say things are looking up!

Currency is sitting at $2.16 wow I hope it continues to increase.

I wasn't expecting it to increase just yet what with up and comming election in the old blighty. Maybe the fact that Cameron is meant to be in a good lead has caused it to increase:)

chocolate cake Apr 16th 2010 10:10 am

Re: Dare I say things are looking up!

Originally Posted by Newfies (Post 8500615)
Currency is sitting at $2.16 wow I hope it continues to increase.

I wasn't expecting it to increase just yet what with up and comming election in the old blighty. Maybe the fact that Cameron is meant to be in a good lead has caused it to increase:)

Yep, fingers crossed. At least it's moving the right way.

adamlt1972 Apr 16th 2010 10:59 am

Seems like Nick Clegg' performance last night has put paid to that. We're probably in for a rooler coaster ride on the currency front in the next few weeks.

Newfies Apr 16th 2010 9:50 pm

I wonder if I started crossing my fingers for the increase to continue how long would they be cossed for before it all comes crashing down?

I so do want a spa pool but am refusing to buy one with the exchange at such a crap rate.

I would love to be able to exchange above 2.50 by the end of the year Am I living with m head in the clouds?

Genesis Apr 16th 2010 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Newfies (Post 8501982)
I wonder if I started crossing my fingers for the increase to continue how long would they be cossed for before it all comes crashing down?

I so do want a spa pool but am refusing to buy one with the exchange at such a crap rate.

I would love to be able to exchange above 2.50 by the end of the year Am I living with m head in the clouds?

1 year ago who would have 2.08 possible? It was around the $2.60/70 range then. Anything is possible. You only need something bad to happen to NZ in relation to dairy or tourism that will spook investors to go elsewhere. The kiwi $ is a fickle currency and inspite of the insignificant reserve bank behind it its one of the most traded currencies on earth. They say it goes up in value by the stairs and loses value via the express elevator downwards. I feel a change/correction is bound to happen sooner than later. Who knows how high it will go? It beggars belief that just a few years ago it spiked at over $3. Of course I had no GBPs then!!!!!!!

Dewb09 Apr 17th 2010 8:34 am

ssshhhhh dont mention it! if we ignore it it just may fall further. It did nudge 2.17 briefly :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Dewb

Stormer999 Apr 17th 2010 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Newfies (Post 8501982)

I think at the mo that is not a good place to put your head....full of ash...:rofl:

Newfies Apr 17th 2010 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 8502995)
I think at the mo that is not a good place to put your head....full of ash...:rofl:

:thumbup:

True I did hear it was causing just a few problems in the old blighty. People are complaining that they have had to extend their holiday!!!!!

If I was planning a trip back at this precise moment I would not be complaining about the delay. It would be a huge relief any excuse for getting out of going back.

Stormer999 Apr 18th 2010 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Newfies (Post 8503806)
:thumbup:

True I did hear it was causing just a few problems in the old blighty. People are complaining that they have had to extend their holiday!!!!!

If I was planning a trip back at this precise moment I would not be complaining about the delay. It would be a huge relief any excuse for getting out of going back.

:rofl::thumbsup:

Stormer999 Apr 18th 2010 7:31 am

Air travel in the Northern Hemisphere is so labourious since terrorism kicked in with air terminal waiting time being a lot longer than flying time (other than long haul) we are travelling high speed train this year and cutting out the bad tempered horrible UK airports.:thumbup: