Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

damn the nz immigration service

damn the nz immigration service

Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future
Default damn the nz immigration service

just spoken to my solicitor in auckland and he has just closed my final door for staying in nz,i asked him if there was any way as i am a truck driver,that we could get pr and he told me NOas a truck driver you are not on the skilled shortage list and that he cannot see it happening in the forseeable future,so it looks like uk here we come, this can be so cruel at times,you always live in hope,but shit happens NEVER MIND
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:47 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: damn the nz immigration service

Commiserations, mate. Can you re-train for another line of work or is that unrealistic?

All the best of luck.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:49 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

We have adverts for drivers in our local paper every issue.
Could you not apply to them to sponsor you on a work to live or whatever it's called these days?

Ad: Curtain sider driver, Taupo based company, animal feed and general deliveries round the North Island
021-508-739
0274-475-423
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that. Upon what basis have you managed to be here until now?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chasandange
just spoken to my solicitor in auckland and he has just closed my final door for staying in nz,i asked him if there was any way as i am a truck driver,that we could get pr and he told me NOas a truck driver you are not on the skilled shortage list and that he cannot see it happening in the forseeable future,so it looks like uk here we come, this can be so cruel at times,you always live in hope,but shit happens NEVER MIND

I know a chap who came over and got a job as a saleman!!! I always thought the only way here was via skills shortage.....not true, so long as the employer is an acredited one and they can show they have been unable to fill the job in NZ successfully after a certain period of time they can get a foreign national in....keep yer pecker up mate..if you want to get here that much YOU WILL find such an employer, get the job and get you and the family over!!!!

He who dares............................................. ...

NB, if you don't like the job you took you can always leave it after the qualifying period what was an unbelievable 3 months...don't know if its still the same length of time...my mate ditched his job after said 3 months and started his own business..all legit and NZIS approved.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:24 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
I know a chap who came over and got a job as a saleman!!!
Yeah, I do too. Tbh, it's all down to whether or not you can persuade a company to go to the trouble of applying for the visa for you. A lot of companies don't understand how easy it is - if you tell them you'll assist them with the actual application ..... it might help.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chasandange
I thought that you could renew temp visa for this line of work. Thats what we will be doing until I retrain into something they want.
How long you been there??

Nici