Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Damages........tv series

Damages........tv series

Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Damages........tv series

One of the few things we watch of an evening on TV recently, this series has had us hooked since it started about 9 weeks ago.

Missed last weeks episode but just found a link on the web that has all the episodes for internet viewing allowed me to catch up........

Not sure posting the link is allowed or not so if anyone wants it drop me a PM and i'll send you the link.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Damages........tv series

Just tried to PM you but got a message saying I couldn't!! I'd love the link as I missed the last couple of episodes due to kids not going to bed in time!! Please PM me the link .......pretty please!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
Just tried to PM you but got a message saying I couldn't!! I'd love the link as I missed the last couple of episodes due to kids not going to bed in time!! Please PM me the link .......pretty please!!
Pm sent......enjoy the catch up.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The link is allowed. Don't half wish you'd read the blummin rules mate.

This prog is about the only one that catches our attention on NZ TV. Do hope it doe not turn into a damp quib.

The other one is about the couple wanting to by a chateau in Slavakia. Mental or what.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:32 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded the whole series just before Christmas and we watched the lot over about four days.

Excellent stuff. It definitely keeps up the same quality to the end.

There are thirteen episodes and it's been approved for another two seasons.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trying to resist watching the remaining episodes but if you want to.......

Heres a link to all 13 episodes

Play perfectly but can't find a way to get rid of the subtitles so is best played in full screen.

Episode 10 aired last night by the way........
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I watched five minutes of this last night. Thought it was formulated, styrofoam, plastic characters. In other words, crap!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its a series that needs to be followed from the beginning i would say....

Not every series is for everyone though......

I just don't get why everyone raved over Lost or 24 as i thought they were total rubbish.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

The other one is about the couple wanting to by a chateau in Slavakia. Mental or what.

Bev, Is that an English couple?

If it is..............it was cult viewing here and they became unintentional celebs..........easy watching fun.

oops nearly told you the outcome......................and just realised you will be well behind in the series.......................if same one................enjoy.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

I just don't get why everyone raved over Lost or 24 as i thought they were total rubbish.

Not sure about 24 as I havent really given it a chance but started with Lost and found it got a bit like Jurasic Park?

Having said that I think its well worth anyone heading out to NZ ............ gets onto Amazon and stock up on some DVD boxets for the winter in NZ if TV sooo bad.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jill1420

Bev, Is that an English couple?

If it is..............it was cult viewing here and they became unintentional celebs..........easy watching fun.

oops nearly told you the outcome......................and just realised you will be well behind in the series.......................if same one................enjoy.
Yes. They are an English couple. She is bonkers.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Isn't she just! That whole business with the money sounded like a scamski. Would you carry eighty grand in a brown paper bag through Slovakia? And how do they know that after buying the place there are no conditions upon it that would prevent them from even opening the doors as a hotel? Of course it isn't real as the cameras are always on them and that alters genuine reactions. She does seem to be playing to the gallery most of the time.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The series was on in the UK last year and i thought was almost entirely 'scripted' and in no way could any of it be described as spontaneous.

The woman in it is completely barking and reminds me in some episodes that are to come of the Catherine Tait character that serves in the roadside burger van.....maybe its the voice...
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:10 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by niseysOH
The series was on in the UK last year and i thought was almost entirely 'scripted' and in no way could any of it be described as spontaneous.

The woman in it is completely barking and reminds me in some episodes that are to come of the Catherine Tait character that serves in the roadside burger van.....maybe its the voice...
We watch the series over here too, and watched a bit in the u.k, it is amusing, only difference in the Catherine Tate character, is that she says, "Neville" and the mad lady in Slovakia says "David", but yes a definite similarity.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:36 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marika 38
We watch the series over here too, and watched a bit in the u.k, it is amusing, only difference in the Catherine Tate character, is that she says, "Neville" and the mad lady in Slovakia says "David", but yes a definite similarity.
I was loving watching this here, but I no longer to as my mother has told me what happens - oh and on The Apprentice too - which I hadn't seen in the UK! Well, guess it frees up more time for wine? Sorry, I meant running up The Mount ...

What was that series with the couple in Coventry with the double glazing business? They remind me of this pair - hysterical!