Daft teenagers!

Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daft teenagers!

Whilst replying to a post on teenagers and mobiles and having a bit of fun with it, I thought it could be fun to start a thread on daft things your kids have done. Or maybe yourself as a teenager....when you thought you were being oh so smart

I will start off with the light of my life....my 13 year old DD. Now I have raised two sons. 12 years difference between youngest son and DD.....First mistake possibly. I'm nearly 50 now. Maybe I had more patience then... who knows.....but she does my head in.

Earlier in the year, she was grounded (Homework issues....always homework issues) and as such was advised that she would be unable to attend the monthly school disco. Actually that was just after she had said in a bored manner, "Mother, spare me the lecture". I will admit that I was going off on one a little.

A great deal of throwing herself about the place proceeded but the fallout wasn't too bad as the disco was a week away and I guess she assumed that she would be able to work on me through the week and I would relent. But I was adamant, I would remain strong.

The night of the disco arrives. Friday 5.30pm, I walk into the kitchen and I notice that DD is cleaning the kitchen. I inwardly have a little chuckle to myself. I cannot begin to describe what an absolute rarity this is.

I know what she is doing and I remain strong. As I was standing at the back door having a fag, she says, "Mum, I feel I have had something like an epihany(I promise you...her words) and realise I am wasting my time not doing my homework and also wasting the money you spend on the school fees".

Hmm, I thought to myself, if only that was the truth but you still ain't going to that disco....and we carry on having a lovely daughter mother conversation. The kind of conversation which only occurs if they want something....really badly.

By 5.45pm, she hasn't mentioned the disco once and then advises me that she feels, Oh so very tired and thinks she will go to bed early. I say "Ok love" and give a kindly gesture of feeling her forehead for a possible temperature.

Off to bed she goes and I am chuckling my head off and so pleased with myself that I held strong....and also thinking how stupid does she really think I am. I speak to OH who as usual hasn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Normal Friday night to him...come home...DD is smiling and cleaning the kitchen...she asks him if he has had a good day...all that silly carry on. Anyway I tell him that I think she is up to something, "what...what d'ya mean". "I mean, I think she is going to try and still go to the disco" (literally down the road from where we live).

I kind of thought it, but didn't think she would be so stupid. Actually I thought she was going to get herself all dolled up, come out of the bedroom and beg me to go. But, Oh NO!

Sure enough, its 7.05pm and DISCO time. I go into her room and the first thing I notice is that it is bloody freezing in her bedroom. I look to the bed and see her all tucked up...Oh I thought, she was tired after all and walk across the room to close the window which is wide open. I look across to her and notice that her hair has turned black and woolley looking since she went to bed.

I guess you know what's coming...it isn't her in the bed. She has rolled two housecoats lengthways and placed them in the bed for the body. A florescent green squidgey pillow as her head and the piece de resistance, a black scarf was wrapped around the pillow and the fringe of the scarf positioned so that it looked like her hair. I couldn't help but laugh because it was so funny, but I was also flabbergasted. It is quite a drop out the window. She had placed a kitchen stool under the window to climb down onto. It was literally chucking it down with rain.

I sent OH straight down to get her. She must have had about 5 mins of a boogie when her dad turns up and removes her from said bloody disco.

For that she lost the opportunity to go to Hawaii on a 3 week school trip during this years summer holiday and I lost my £100 deposit

Last edited by Numptyhead; Aug 5th 2009 at 11:21 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:24 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daft teenagers!

Well I'm reading this whilst waiting for my overdue 15 year old to get home from school. Sure it's only just after 6 but it's already dark and he should have been home at 4.

I guess he'll be back with some 'I told I was doing xyz....' sometime tonight...I mean there's only about half a dozen mobile phones in the flipping house.....I guess they're only used to text inane nothings to mates
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

My grandsons mobile phone is in the Pacific Ocean. Numptyhead decided to go for a swim removed his shirt but left his shorts on. You guessed it, even fish have mobiles now.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:59 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Numphtyhead!! This is SO well written... Although your daughter is not really creative as I saw it coming from the minute you mentioned the disco!!

I want one or two child... Dont you go discouraging me now...
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:22 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matewx
Numphtyhead!! This is SO well written... Although your daughter is not really creative as I saw it coming from the minute you mentioned the disco!!

I want one or two child... Dont you go discouraging me now...
I've got 4 feel free to borrow any of them anytime.

Our 14 year old is grounded, no mobile, no money and no Bebo! For a month. She hates us ... Our work here is done!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:41 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I've got 4 feel free to borrow any of them anytime.

:
Snap - #3 waltzed in, 3 hours late and about 10 mins before I started driving round the streets looking for him, saying he'd been 'kidnapped' by his mates, his phone as out of battery and he didn't have our home phone number as we've only been here 4 weeks....oh and it's all his parents fault
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Snap - #3 waltzed in, 3 hours late and about 10 mins before I started driving round the streets looking for him, saying he'd been 'kidnapped' by his mates, his phone as out of battery and he didn't have our home phone number as we've only been here 4 weeks....oh and it's all his parents fault
Aren't they great? At least he's home safe and sound ... is he now grounded too? I'd suggest we stick all the naughty minxes on the Youth Chat Room on BE to converse about our useless parenting, until I remembered mine's not allowed on the computer!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:50 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

The most stupid stupid thing I did as a teenager was start smoking !
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:51 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Do you kids know your BE IDs??

That'd be funny to hear their side of it...
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:08 am
Cow on the Beach

Originally Posted by Matewx
Do you kids know your BE IDs??

That'd be funny to hear their side of it...
Don't need them for that...I can tell you....

"You dragged us to the arse end of the world, away from our friends, girl/boy friends, we can't go shopping or hang out 'cause it's boring here" .....

am I missing anything?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:27 am

Don't need them for that...I can tell you....

"You dragged us to the arse end of the world, away from our friends, girl/boy friends, we can't go shopping or hang out 'cause it's boring here" .....

am I missing anything?
Did we mention the "It's all your fault. I wouldn't be like this if you hadn't done all of the above ..."
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:41 am
Cow on the Beach

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Did we mention the "It's all your fault. I wouldn't be like this if you hadn't done all of the above ..."
ah the old favorite 'I hate you' and ' Duh' and ' Am I your slave?'
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:42 am

ah the old favorite 'I hate you' and ' Duh' and ' Am I your slave?'
Not forgetting the well worn favourite;

"It's soooooooooo unfair."
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

ohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really nice

My teen rang me from his mobile while he was in the supermarket to ask where they kept the cocoa. Didn't cross his mind to ask one of the staff in the shop 'cause Mum knows everything right ? PS: He's 18 !!!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:35 am
Cow on the Beach

Originally Posted by ohnojo
My teen rang me from his mobile while he was in the supermarket to ask where they kept the cocoa. Didn't cross his mind to ask one of the staff in the shop 'cause Mum knows everything right ? PS: He's 18 !!!
Lucky he spoke to you....mine would have sent a text

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.