Cyclone Gabrielle

Old Feb 11th 2023, 8:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default re: Cyclone Gabrielle

Originally Posted by BEVS
With & as the State Of Emergency is still in place & because nasty , nasty cyclone Gabrielle bearing down on the NI ( and perhaps parts of upper SI) NEMA has called upon out of region Civil Defence to volunteer & deploy to work where needed. Consequently MrBEVS is on standby to fly out sometime in the next couple of days. It's a fly out - 5 days - fly back rotation schedule.

Wishing everyone in its path the best .
& he and the team have left. Meeting up with teams from Welly before heading on up to Gisborne, The Xchurch teams are into Auckland I think. Anyway there are many more boots on ground for this and I hope it will be enough to get through.
Old Feb 11th 2023, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a lot more warning and ability to prepare; it has been super windy all night and today but apparently this is just the entree and much worse yet to come tomorrow through to Tuesday morning.
Old Feb 12th 2023, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you all now we are back in the UK.
Still getting the Twitter feeds and it is looking pretty grim.
Old Feb 12th 2023, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

& he and the team have left. Meeting up with teams from Welly before heading on up to Gisborne, The Xchurch teams are into Auckland I think. Anyway there are many more boots on ground for this and I hope it will be enough to get through.
Stay safe MrBEVS xx
Old Feb 12th 2023, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

The gusty winds have been very scary and that was overnight. The worst is still to come.
Knackered.
Old Feb 12th 2023, 10:29 pm
`

Default Re: Aucklanders. Terrible weather and worse

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
Stay safe MrBEVS xx
Thank you missus. That is kind. I know you and M more than know what the sharp end of this is like . Himself and the teams are currently billeted at a fire-station for the coming week .......by the bluddy river. Probably recce , briefings & taskings today before the worst hits the area.

Just dreadful for everyone in the path.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 12th 2023 at 10:35 pm. Reason: spillings
Old Feb 12th 2023, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chocolate eclair
The gusty winds have been very scary and that was overnight. The worst is still to come.
Knackered.
It is exhausting, we were putting in 12 to 14 hour days solid cleaning and moving stuff for about a week after the first flood and also not sleeping whilst listening to further wind and constant rain. The biggest fear for me this time is the wind and more potential for loss of power. Our house simply would not be livable at the moment without electricity, especially after dark with so much stuff stacked up away from the flooded areas, so we had a massive day again yesterday to try and get our house back into some sort of order.
Old Feb 12th 2023, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
It is exhausting, we were putting in 12 to 14 hour days solid cleaning and moving stuff for about a week after the first flood and also not sleeping whilst listening to further wind and constant rain. The biggest fear for me this time is the wind and more potential for loss of power. Our house simply would not be livable at the moment without electricity, especially after dark with so much stuff stacked up away from the flooded areas, so we had a massive day again yesterday to try and get our house back into some sort of order.
So sorry to hear that you were badly affected by the first flood. We had very minor damage from that thankfully. I really feel for you.
I hope the power remains on for you. Ours flickered quite a few times last night but has remained on. Absolutely amazing because we usually lose it quite early on in even 'mild' storms.We both hate strong winds, it's the first floor of our house shaking (weatherboard) and 'lifting' that scares me.
After a bit of a lull the wind is now picking up and the rain is coming down more heavily. Its just about tolerable in the daylight but once night falls then the anxiety really kicks in.
Stay safe BJ and anyone else in it's pathway.
Special thanks to Mr BEVS for assisting with civil defence.
Old Feb 13th 2023, 12:26 am
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Well - rotten bluddy hell Bo. So sorry to read that for you and yours and your home. Just awful . I dunno. One always hopes that everyone escapes unscathed ,even when seeing or hearing first hand that it isn't the case.

Agreed about the wind & power. Hope that the next 24hrs will be as OK as it can be somehow.
Old Feb 13th 2023, 4:50 am
`

Default Re: Cyclone Gabrielle

Argh and stinkings. Despite a red alert and warnings . Despite all the bulletins etc , some morons are still out walking or in their cars. For why? Probably just for the say so in stormy weather . She'll be right - no worries.

Meanwhile MrBEVS and all the responders have been out all day checking the slips, floodings , buildings and people. They will be out in it all night too it seems . Much the same way as when Nelson/Tasman got hit but this is worse and worser. We're on orange watch now and I am ready .

Bo-J. Just want to say once again how horrible that all that happened to your home and that you - and others of course - are on the nasty end . Hoping you still have power and that it stays !
Bigsticks. Same for you and everyone up that way.

My pal Kija has been flooded out up in Northland but has managed to hold it all together which makes me happier. She has so many loved animals and birds too.

Old Feb 13th 2023, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you all in cold but relatively safe UK.
Thankfully family in NZ seem OK so far.
Touch wood...
Old Feb 13th 2023, 7:26 pm
`

1 hour into the Bad stuff , 6 hours to go evacuations ongoing , river is over the top
This was as at 1 a.m. up around Gisborne.

That area also felt an earthquake which will not have helped all round.

I'm tired and this area hasn't even been touched. However as it is an orange warning I have battened down all hatches best I can , sorted the hens and have the grab bags ready for me & the cat. Have also checked on those much older than myself. MrBEVS may be away but I can still aid if needed.

As of 8.45a.m. this morning - an hour ago - New Zealand is in a National State of Emergency. It is that awful.

I shan't be hearing from my husband for a while then .
"Fire and Emergency communications centre national manager Gavin Travers said all radio and cell contact was lost with crews in Gisborne and Tairāwhiti at 3am."

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 13th 2023 at 8:44 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2023, 7:45 pm
`

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Thinking of you all in cold but relatively safe UK.
Thankfully family in NZ seem OK so far.
Touch wood...

Where are they ? What region?
Old Feb 13th 2023, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hope you hear soon, we feel for everyone that is affected by this with flooding, slips and loss of any kind; big ups to anyone that's out there responding to the current and still unfolding mess this morning

Amazingly, despite the crazy rain and wind there was no further impact on our home overnight but we are hearing lots of reports of power out, road closures and people (mostly in West Auckland) who had to evacuate homes in the early hours. The worst seems to be over for us, aside from still being a bit gusty. Stay safe everyone!
Old Feb 13th 2023, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

This was as at 1 a.m. up around Gisborne.

That area also felt an earthquake which will not have helped all round.

I'm tired and this area hasn't even been touched. However as it is an orange warning I have battened down all hatches best I can , sorted the hens and have the grab bags ready for me & the cat. Have also checked on those much older than myself. MrBEVS may be away but I can still aid if needed.

As of 8.45a.m. this morning - an hour ago - New Zealand is in a National State of Emergency. It is that awful.

Big cyber hugs for you, the hens and the cat and for MrBEVS who is out there keeping everyone safe.

I hope you get some kind of contact from him soon . The coverage we found of your situation looks horrendous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.