At home tonight
8.33%
Cyber Monday - same as any other shopping day
79.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Cyber Monday - yeah right?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:27 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Cyber Monday - yeah right?

Anyone risking buying on-line from work?

Know anyone that's been fired today for doing so?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cyber Monday - yeah right?

I did my cybermonday last thursday.
The sorround system i wanted was only available online and not for store pickup form best buy.
I just checked and it's now back up to MRRP aswell :-)
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
I did my cybermonday last thursday.
The sorround system i wanted was only available online and not for store pickup form best buy.
I just checked and it's now back up to MRRP aswell :-)
wot one did u get? and how much
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

work? what's that then?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deedee13
wot one did u get? and how much
I don't know the model but it is the Sony Soundbar and Sub.
OK here it is http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....c=abcat0200000
$230 something including tax and delivery. Now listed at $329 again.

I had been hankering for a proper 5.1 system but can't justify the expense right now. So this will hopefully just give the movies a bit more oomph for the cinema type feel.
Having had a nice Pioneer/Mission set up in the UK I'll save up for similar while the soundbar should do the trick in the meantime.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
I don't know the model but it is the Sony Soundbar and Sub. I had been hankering for a proper 5.1 system but can't justify the expense right now. So this will hopefully just give the movies a bit more oomph for the cinema type feel.
I wonder how well those single bar systems work? Back in 2001, I bought a cheap Aiwa 5.1 system. $250 at BB. It worked quite well although the 8" sub was a bit anemic for the real low frequencies.

I've since binned that for a nice Pioneer/JBL/Polk/Velodyne system. Now the concrete floor positively vibrates No complaints from the neighbors...yet!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well they have mixed reviews but if you accept their limitations they can't fail to suprass the basic TV speaker which at the moment is feeling pretty flimsy.
And at the price point seems pretty good with 1 HDMI and 3 Optical inputs.

Will let you know ;-) Apprently it is somewhere in the care of UPS right now.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

We are not ordering nothing on line this year after the disappointment of last year.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:52 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
We are not ordering nothing on line this year after the disappointment of last year.
Have you checked the batteries? Most dildos run out after a week's continuous use.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Have you checked the batteries? Most dildos run out after a week's continuous use.
I'm not one of those shy sort's you know I'm Woman enough to go in and buy anyway it's alway's Gay bloke's working in them place's now day's
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

I bid on a couple of things on ebay, but as the auctions don't actually end till tomorrow, I technically haven't bought anything.

The other bit of the OP got me. Who actually works for an employer that'll fire you for online shopping?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pharrya
I bid on a couple of things on ebay, but as the auctions don't actually end till tomorrow, I technically haven't bought anything.

The other bit of the OP got me. Who actually works for an employer that'll fire you for online shopping?
Mine would
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

We just bought a TV/DVD combo LCD from Big Box. Not a bad deal. I didn't buy it because it was Cyber Monday, just bought it cuz it was on sale and I wanted one.

I hate that name 'cyber monday'. Brings to mind the phrase 'cyber sex'..which has nothing to do with shopping..(well, for most people)
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brit3964
I wonder how well those single bar systems work? Back in 2001, I bought a cheap Aiwa 5.1 system. $250 at BB. It worked quite well although the 8" sub was a bit anemic for the real low frequencies.

I've since binned that for a nice Pioneer/JBL/Polk/Velodyne system. Now the concrete floor positively vibrates No complaints from the neighbors...yet!
Wow! The Sony Sound Bar arrived today! Pretty swift.
And within 5 minutes of it coming in the door it's up and running.
We have DirectTV HD so I just plugged the optical cable between the two and away it goes.
It has enhanced the TV to the degree I wanted. It won't shake the windows out but it is already making TV viewing a more involving experience.
We have a fair sized room and it is not suffering. The voice channel really brings out the dialogue a lot better than the TV aswell.
Have not got a digi coax so can't try a DVD just yet.
And I will also get another HDMI to run the DirectTV via the box. This might give more sound channels since it's only recognising 2.0 at the moment.
(might find something in the manual to help with that too!)

So far so good. 10/10 for effort I would say. If it proves reliable too it'll be peachy! Best $200 bucks I've spent in a long time.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:34 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
Anyone risking buying on-line from work?

Know anyone that's been fired today for doing so?
Caught my boss staring at her flat screen with her credit card in her hand so figured I was fairly safe....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.