Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

CV Structure for New Zealand companies...

CV Structure for New Zealand companies...

Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Default CV Structure for New Zealand companies...

Hi,

I have found a job in NZ that I want to apply for to help the EOI process and I just wanted to find out what NZ companies include/dismiss before I send it. I am a Senior Graphic Designer so I have a word CV and a PDF example CV....any thoughts, resources?

(May be pre-empting but I wouldnt be surprised is we GO FOR IT and submit the EOI over the weekend!!!! )

Did anyone else talk over the decision/not sleep, panic, stress etc etc before even submitting the form!!! I hope so cos its been a long process of deciding!!! has helped!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:40 pm
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of
Default Re: CV...

Don't delay, do it today!

With regards to CVs - usually best to send Word format to agencies as they tend to rip out your personal details eg: contact info, before passing it onto the prospective employer. PDFs are fine when sending direct to companies.

Good luck with the EOI
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Originally Posted by asiatic
Don't delay, do it today!

With regards to CVs - usually best to send Word format to agencies as they tend to rip out your personal details eg: contact info, before passing it onto the prospective employer. PDFs are fine when sending direct to companies.

Good luck with the EOI

Thanks for the encouragment. My wife and I cant get over how nice people on here are and how grounded they are. Seems like NZ way of life makes people more relaxed and willing to take the rough with the smooth and get on with it!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:52 pm
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trigod
Thanks for the encouragment. My wife and I cant get over how nice people on here are and how grounded they are. Seems like NZ way of life makes people more relaxed and willing to take the rough with the smooth and get on with it!
Its just the way things are here.

There are things to worry about, like the price of petrol constantly rising, but in the grand scheme of things...you're on an island in the South Pacific Ocean hundreds of miles away from everyone and everything. Paradise
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CV Structure for New Zealand companies...

Originally Posted by trigod
Hi,

I have found a job in NZ that I want to apply for to help the EOI process and I just wanted to find out what NZ companies include/dismiss before I send it. I am a Senior Graphic Designer so I have a word CV and a PDF example CV....any thoughts, resources?

(May be pre-empting but I wouldnt be surprised is we GO FOR IT and submit the EOI over the weekend!!!! )

Did anyone else talk over the decision/not sleep, panic, stress etc etc before even submitting the form!!! I hope so cos its been a long process of deciding!!! has helped!
NZ Cvs tend to be longer with more details on teh jobs you worked on. My CV was 4-5 pages and the agent said it was about right. Explain the type of work the companies you worked for do, as they may not be known in NZ at all.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: CV Structure for New Zealand companies...

I changed my CV a lot having been used to craming it into 2 pages.
It ended out as 5 pages. Not that much more detail, just laid out bigger (not bigger fonts though, thats cheating).
I also put a picture of myself on the front page.
I got the job after 1 phone interview, 1 phone presentation and 1 presentation in auckland.

Go for it and remember, I can and I will

Good luck

Paul