Customs Clearance

Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

MarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to all
Default Customs Clearance

Hi there, quick question.

I've just ordered two football shirts from a warehouse in the UK (kitbag.com), and it says on their International Deliveries page that any fees or GST payable to customs must be paid by me or goods will be held in customs.

Any idea if I have to pay customs on these goods? Does it depend on the value and what they are? I don't want them to get held up as I'd like them in time for the weekend!

Thanks.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:15 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customs Clearance

I always use http://www.importduty.co.nz/

put the amount in sterling it cost you, plus postage and it will let you know if you will need to.
generally you can get away with 110 sterling with no postage but less with postage

if you have the costs I can work it out for you if you have problems

I usually check the calculator and then spilt the packages appropriately

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jun 9th 2014 at 11:18 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure if its under $400 including delivery fees then GST and customs should keep their sticky fingers off.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:42 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
I'm pretty sure if its under $400 including delivery fees then GST and customs should keep their sticky fingers off.
err NO

just did one that came out at

Cost of Goods: $220 NZD

Shipping: $40 NZD

GST: $39 NZD
Duty Tax: $22 NZD

GST & Duty Total: $61 NZD

Will you be taxed?
Yes

As your GST & Duty Tax exceeds $60 you will be taxed. In addition you will also liable to pay for the ITF ($25.30) and BSEL ($12.77) processing fees.

This brings you a total payable fee of:
$99.07 NZD
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies, was using the figures from bring in medical equipment with no duty.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:48 pm

yeh you have to really check out every thing or you may well get slapped for hundreds
Old Jun 10th 2014, 12:36 am
Just Joined

MarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to all

Okay, so here is the summary of my order;

(For some reason, despite being a UK company the currency paid in was USD)

Goods: $176.00 USD
Delivery: $19.91 USD
VAT: $0.00 USD

Total: $195.91 USD

$236.81 NZD was deducted from my ANZ account.

So based on the above, do I have to pay any fees? If I do, how can I pay them now in advance so there is no hold up in customs?

Thanks for your help guys!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:59 am

working on those figures it works out:
Cost of Goods: $217.28 NZD

Shipping: $24.58 NZD

GST: $36.28 NZD
Duty Tax: $21.73 NZD

GST & Duty Total: $58.01 NZD

Will you be taxed?
No
Old Jun 10th 2014, 3:11 am
Just Joined

So I don't have to pay anything! Excellent, thanks very much for your help.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 7:07 am

as long as they list it correctly on the documentation