British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Customer Service NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/customer-service-nz-564196/)

TeamEmbo Sep 28th 2008 10:58 pm

Customer Service NZ

2 hours ago I rang Fisher & Paykel in Christchurch to order a new element for my cooker. It's just been delivered! Maybe it's just me, but I think that's amazing customer service :thumbup:

scrubbedexpat094 Sep 28th 2008 11:07 pm

Re: Customer Service NZ

WOW!:thumbsup:

Kiwiprincess Sep 29th 2008 12:28 am

Holy hell! That is pretty impressive!

jueinnz Sep 29th 2008 12:34 am

Yer but we are still waiting for a call back from the people who are supposed to be repairing out "6 months old TV" from 2 weeks ago!!! Gave up and rang panasonic in the end our selves unfortuantly though they say there is no other option than for us to go through this repairer!!!!!!!!! Wew found out from panasonic that the parts are on order and we now have a ETA so i wonder if they will ring us when they arrive??????

Biddy Sep 29th 2008 1:45 am

I find customer service here can be one of 2 opposing degrees (does that make sense? You know what I mean!)

1) The call to the plumber, roofer, etc ....." My (insert product here) is broken, needs replacing etc, can you come and look and give me a quote?" Said tradesperson will show up and suggest a figure. All's good.......But then you never see them again despite a million phone calls.

2) The trip to any electrical type store....."have you got a (insert product here). "Yis, here it is"
" How much?"
"$100 (for example)"
" How about $80 for cash?"
"No problem"

I've had loads and loads of positive customer service experiences with offers of discounts, free stuff chucked in etc, often without prompting - I find most people are genuinely trying to please. Usually sales staff are chatty and have plenty of time and are not too 'in yer face'.:thumbsup:
I've had a significant minority of the negative ones. Can be quite amusing sometimes but not when you have a leaking roof and have been waiting several weeks for the roofer who has 'just ordered the part' or 'just finishing another job' or 'just forgotten':curse:

luvwelly Sep 29th 2008 5:49 am

I find customer service here extremely good and it nearly always comes with a smile and a quick chat despite tipping not being the norm.
Tradespeople generally turn up when they say or better yet phone you as they get near so you can return home and not have to wait in for them all day.
Same if you are getting a large piece of furniture or similar delivered..no need to sit in all day waiting.
I get reminder phone calls from my hairdresser, podiatrist and dentist the day before to confirm appointments, which means you get a chance to re-arrange before incurring a cancellation fee.
When you first arrive, much easier to open a Bank Account, buy a car etc etc than it would be in UK as they are so geared up for new arrivals.
The only 'grumpy' service I have encountered to date is from teenage boys serving in Petrol Stations....and I expect that is universal :rofl:...
Good customer service is definitely one of the plusses of being here and is remarkable considering how low the wages tend to be..

garryhg Sep 29th 2008 8:45 am

I have to agree customer service is fantastic..:thumbsup:

Bought a pair of jeans from Shantons in Botony 1 year ago,they were a bit tight for me when i bought them so i put them away till i lost a bit of weight:o

about 2 weeks ago just remembered about them and tried them on,and they are now too big for me:thumbsup:

thought I would be really cheeky and took them back to the store and asked if i could exchange them,:sneaky:
The reply"yes thats no problem at all" just go and exchange them for something else or a credit note...
Can you imagine getting that response in the UK,me thinks not:eek:

well done NZ keep up the good work...Jacky