Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Currently,I am mostly reading......

.....McCarthy's Bar-by Pete McCarthy,funny as hell,and have started his next one,but it's downstairs-too cold to go down and find out. Thought I'd let you know!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:05 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Currently,I am mostly reading......

Originally Posted by danny.f
.....McCarthy's Bar-by Pete McCarthy,funny as hell,and have started his next one,but it's downstairs-too cold to go down and find out. Thought I'd let you know!
Have just finished Duncan Bannatyne's autobiography - read it in 2 days, very good!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Have just finished Duncan Bannatyne's autobiography - read it in 2 days, very good!
Gonna sound thick here Pet-who's he?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:17 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Recently read:
Tides of Kawhia byTom O'Connor. Excellent read, blurb by publishers:
In the late eighteenth century, Kawhia is the prosperous heart of the people of Ngati Toarangatira. But, beyond the borders ominous changes threaten to drive the iwi from their coastal stronghold. In the north, Nga Puhi acquire muskets, and to the east the Waikato tribes cast envious eyes on the bountiful waters and forests of Kawhia.

Into this mix the child Maui Potiki is born. He is later called Te Rauparaha – a name that today ripples down the pages of New Zealand history. The young Te Rauparaha uses his wits, courage and audacity to become a military strategist, accomplished politician and tribal leader. Sharing his exploits is Te Rou Rou, born into slavery who, like the young man of rank, uses intelligence to improve his status in the often dangerous tribal life of the time.

When simmering animosities between the inland peoples explode into all-out-war, hundreds of warriors are left on the battlefield. In Tides of Kawhia, deadly fights and ancient Maori ritual mingle with delicate poetry and an impetuous hot-blooded people, bringing to life a period of history and a society unknown to many.
Really good read, I thourough enjoyed it.
Also read Narcissus in chains by Laurell K Hamilton : a modern day vampire/werewolf/shapeshifter book spiced up by a fair bit of romance/sex. Not bad at all Maybe a rating should be used eh?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Jesus Kags,as usual-genius!

crap-would rather eat shite
poor-would rather squeeze spouses spots
reasonable-better than a hangover
good,better than a wank
can't wait for the film to ruin it!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:27 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Jesus Kags,as usual-genius!

crap-would rather eat shite
poor-would rather squeeze spouses spots
reasonable-better than a hangover
good,better than a wank
can't wait for the film to ruin it!!
OK,
Tides of Kawhia
Narcissus in chains
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious
OK,
Tides of Kawhia
Narcissus in chains
Sportman bioraphy
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

James Patterson - Pop goes the Weasel (kindly lent to me by Kerry W as books are so bloody expensive here!)

Last edited by donnaf; Jul 5th 2007 at 11:16 am. Reason: spelling - pissed on red wine sorry
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:18 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by donnaf
James Patterson - Pop goes the Weasel (kindly lent to me by Kerry W as books are so bloody expensive here!)
Don't know what it is like there Donna but the main Library in Hamilton is really good. Even the little one down the road from us isn't bad at all. May be worth a look - ours was free to join and had big squashy arm-chairs and bean-bags, really inviting
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi K,
we've joined the library, it's pretty big here and has a brilliant children's library. I just like to buy books as I read them over and over again.
I last read The Time Traveler's Wife which I read for the first time on our recce here, it's a lovely book and brought back nice memories of our campervan.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:24 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by donnaf
Hi K,
we've joined the library, it's pretty big here and has a brilliant children's library. I just like to buy books as I read them over and over again.
I last read The Time Traveler's Wife which I read for the first time on our recce here, it's a lovely book and brought back nice memories of our campervan.
Care to give that book a Dannyf-rating? or ?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not reading anything at the moment as Im addicted to Sudoku.... argh!! I used to read every night in bed but now I have to do those wretched puzzles!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Which one?
The Time Traveler's Wife -
Pop goes the Weasel - well, I haven't finished it yet but at present
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:27 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by SarahB
I'm not reading anything at the moment as Im addicted to Sudoku.... argh!! I used to read every night in bed but now I have to do those wretched puzzles!!
Two things Sarah:
your daughter looks lovely and seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds
Soduko in bed? That's even worse than reading Come on now: it's hardly foreplay eh?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karonious
Recently read:
Tides of Kawhia byTom O'Connor.
Thought he was a second rate comedian....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.