Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all
Default Re: Currently,I am mostly reading......

[QUOTE=KIRSTIE;5049139]hi kerry

have you read robert crais i have a full collection of his books, he is also a murder writer and very good, that will be a good idea to swops etc and set up a book exchange i am sure that there will be loads of people who will be willing, even if it envolves a bit of postage it must still be cheaper than $ 8 each.

Hi

No I've not read Robert Crais but it would be great to do a book exchange. Hmmm wonder if they do a book exchange on-line, theres an idea!

I did'nt realise I had so many cookbooks, many of them Jamie Olivers. They seem to do more home cooking here as there is not the choice of foods you have here as there was in the UK. Keep in touch, PM me if you like. When are you coming over?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Winnie
Just had a look on the net (nothing else to do at work!) and there's a book fair at the TSB Arena on Queens wharf, Wellington on the 1st and 2nd of September. Well worth a look, it's massive. Best to get there early though

Thanks for that Winnie, will put that in my diary. I hope you are your family are well - my daughter is over here on her visit.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kerry W
Thanks for that Winnie, will put that in my diary. I hope you are your family are well - my daughter is over here on her visit.
How's your daughter enjoying herself? Do you want me to arrange a meet up with Simone? Give me a call if you do.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi Winnie

Yes, she is enjoying herself but am sure she would be more eager to meet more people. Going to drop you a text as I speak!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Winnie
Donna/ Danny, Wilma and any one else in Welly..............I have loads of books at home if you want to borrow them, Steven King, Jeffrey Deaver, James Patterson, Dean Koonz etc. Just let me know. Look out for the book fairs, you can bag great bargains at them, usually about $2 for a paperback, cheaper if you go on the last day. There's one in Waikanae in October I think, but they have them all over.
Thanks Winnie, likewise happy to do some swaps,
x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Finally bought The Da Vinci code at my kids fayre on Saturday, one of many books on my list to read.

And how about this for a bargain - it was free!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Finally bought The Da Vinci code at my kids fayre on Saturday, one of many books on my list to read.

And how about this for a bargain - it was free!
It's very good-much better than the film. Get Angels and Demons after that,arguably even better!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Haven't seen the film yet, deliberately waiting until I had read the book first.

I had heard that Paul Bettany made a surprisingly good 'baddie' considering he is normally in light-hearted/comic roles?!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi all

i agree that the Da Vinci Code is better in the book form, but i did not see all the hype.

It must be just men who takes books to the loo, i am sure that all us ladies must be far to gentile for all of that

Paul always leaves a book in, at the moment it is a karen slaughter one, then he takes his mobile and plays scrabble, talk about lose the track of time.

speak to you soon

kirstie
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:01 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I have just received a delivery from Amazon today. Included is The Time Travellers Wife, which I bought on the recommendation of a few of you, so fingers crossed, otherwise I'll be on the next ferry hunting you down!!...........
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:03 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

.......also in the delivery is 'The Last King of Scotland', The Queen, The Devil Wears Prada, Hot Fuzz (soooooooo funny,and, the last film we saw in the UK ) & Happy Feet ( lent the last copy to someone before we left!:curse I'm hoping that lot will keep us going ( well at least till next week)
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I have just received a delivery from Amazon today. Included is The Time Travellers Wife, which I bought on the recommendation of a few of you, so fingers crossed, otherwise I'll be on the next ferry hunting you down!!...........
Sarah I have that book you could have loaned it!!! (haven't had chance to read it yet!!!)
You will have to come and take a peer I have LOADS of books here and havent got chance to read them yet (that nasty thing called work!!!)
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice

Rasputin's Daughter - very interesting.

And I always have my Ian Rankin collection for rainy days or for a laugh Bill Bryson's in a Sunburnt Country - the reason we are NOT in Australia!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:08 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Sarah I have that book you could have loaned it!!! (haven't had chance to read it yet!!!)
You will have to come and take a peer I have LOADS of books here and havent got chance to read them yet (that nasty thing called work!!!)

We might have to do our own swaps here

Keep meaning to go into the 2nd hand bookshop in town, but always seem to be in a hurry (or it's closed) when I pass it. Library is pretty good though, don't you think, although you have to 'handle with care' otherwise could cost a fortune in fines
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We might have to do our own swaps here

Keep meaning to go into the 2nd hand bookshop in town, but always seem to be in a hurry (or it's closed) when I pass it. Library is pretty good though, don't you think, although you have to 'handle with care' otherwise could cost a fortune in fines
Hey we could start up the Blenheim book club!!!
Poms R US!!!

Or

Bebe- Blenheim expats book exchange!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.