Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:30 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currently,I am mostly reading......

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Yup, that would put me to sleep too...zzzzzzzzzz .
Sorry Avid, OH is always saying I am an intellectual wasteland
Actually I do 'sudoku' every morning with my breakfast. They claim it's a Japanese invention but I almost NEVER saw anybody in Japan playing it. Maybe they finished all the combinations and decided to export their second hand sudokus to the West...

Last book I really did read was 'Fat' by Rob Grant. Waste of time. A poor Ben Elton copy.

Last edited by Avid; Jul 5th 2007 at 9:36 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Avid
Actually I do 'sudoku' every morning with my breakfast. They claim it's a Japanese invention but I almost NEVER saw anybody in Japan playing it.

Last book I really did read was 'Fat' by Rob Grant. Waste of time. A poor Ben Elton copy.
Is this Rob Grant who wrote the Red Dwarfs? Love Red Dwarf books.

Anyone a closet Harry Potter Reader? I am obviously not as they are children's books, written for children and not adults. I was just reading them for my children. Waiting now for the last one! 20th July!!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I'm reading Dead Air by Ian Banks. Just finished Chisel Beach by Ian McEwan. Am after a copy of Brazzaville Beach by William Boyd if anyone has a copy to sell. There is one for sale on Trade Me at the mo but they buyer is selling it with a Dan Brown book which I dont want.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:38 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Is this Rob Grant who wrote the Red Dwarfs? Love Red Dwarf books.

Yes. But 'Fat' is a bit of a mess.

You might like Terry Pratchett if you are into 'Sci-fi comedy'.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jude J
I'm reading Dead Air by Ian Banks. Just finished Chisel Beach by Ian McEwan. Am after a copy of Brazzaville Beach by William Boyd if anyone has a copy to sell. There is one for sale on Trade Me at the mo but they buyer is selling it with a Dan Brown book which I dont want.

Is 'Chisel Beach' as bad as the critics said? Friend of mine as at college with Ian McEwan. The fact that he doesn't have any gossip or 'funny stories' to tell about him says everything, really.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Yes. But 'Fat' is a bit of a mess.

You might like Terry Pratchett if you are into 'Sci-fi comedy'.
Have read the Colour Magic years and years ago and love it. V. silly books but good fun.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Is 'Chisel Beach' as bad as the critics said? Friend of mine as at college with Ian McEwan. The fact that he doesn't have any gossip or 'funny stories' to tell about him says everything, really.
Well I liked it! But I also loved A Child in Time and Enduring Love.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:02 pm
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Have you read McEwan's Saturday? Unbelievably crap. They make A level students read this guff.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Have you read McEwan's Saturday? Unbelievably crap. They make A level students read this guff.
No. I only read a bit of Atonement before giving up cos that was crap.
The last book I read that I just couldn't put down was Poisonwood Bible by Barbera Kingsolver.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:46 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently re-reading all the Terry Pratchett Guards/City Watch books. I'm on Jingo at the moment.

Pratchett

Also McCarthy's Bar
Round Ireland with a Fridge
Dave Gorman's Googlewhack adventure
101 Adventures that got me nowhere by Phil O'Brien Hilarious but tails off towards the end.

Peter Moore's stuff
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I'm currently re-reading all the Terry Pratchett Guards/City Watch books. I'm on Jingo at the moment.

Pratchett

Also McCarthy's Bar
Round Ireland with a Fridge
Dave Gorman's Googlewhack adventure
101 Adventures that got me nowhere by Phil O'Brien Hilarious but tails off towards the end.

Peter Moore's stuff
Hey Rob,I've just nearly finished 'The Road to McCarthy',by the man-it's his best yet-funny as hell,getting on Don's nerves laughing in bed!
Will pop it over when I'm done.We'll return all we have!

Hated Sudoku when it first came out,but it's on my phone-it's adictive in work,often can't be found cos I'm hiding in the loo playing it. (Sudoku,I mean!)
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hated Sudoku when it first came out,but it's on my phone-it's adictive in work,often can't be found cos I'm hiding in the loo playing it. (Sudoku,I mean!)
It's a slippery slope Danny! ()
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:08 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

No. I only read a bit of Atonement before giving up cos that was crap.
The last book I read that I just couldn't put down was Poisonwood Bible by Barbera Kingsolver.
The last book I read which I couldn't put down was filth by Irvine Welsh. I thought that was hysterical. I did make a start on Short history of New Zealand by that kiwi author (to help bring me closer to my kiwi compadres) but I only got past the first 10 pages.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:21 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hey Rob,I've just nearly finished 'The Road to McCarthy',by the man-it's his best yet-funny as hell,getting on Don's nerves laughing in bed!
Will pop it over when I'm done.We'll return all we have!

That'd be good - you can have a browse of our library
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

On Lynda's bedside table you will find three titles by Lee Child, "The Lives & Loves of Simone de Beauvoir and Jean Paul Sartre" by Hazel Rowley and "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger.

On my side you'll find "Bike" magazine.

Says it all really eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.