Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Currently,I am mostly reading......

Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currently,I am mostly reading......

Originally Posted by karonious
Two things Sarah:
your daughter looks lovely and seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds
Soduko in bed? That's even worse than reading Come on now: it's hardly foreplay eh?
Hiya... Hayley is on her 3rd week of a winter virus now.... to top that I noticed green coming out of her ears and rushed her to the docs.... its a really bad ear infection. Poor little mite... other than that shes great thanks!! lol Can you believe shes 6 months old next week?!

I know.... I need a new puzzle book soon as Ive nearly done all of those. Probably get withdrawal symptoms if I dont buy one!!

As for foreplay.... OH snores so bad he sleeps downstairs!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Reading Around Ireland with a fridge - Tony Hawkes(no not the skate Boarder)
Funny read and quite informative, if you did a similar thing in a car last year(not with a fridge)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

Last edited by donnaf : Today at 11:16 pm. Reason: spelling - pi**ed on red wine sorry

DonnaF pour me a drink while your on. I could'nt have one tonight as been playing Dirks taxi for his night out, he's back now so glass would be very nice thank you.

Just finished reading 1st Degree - James Patterson (2nd time round reading all his books). Just can't put them down. Next will be Karin Slaughter.

Yes I agree, books are soooo expensive here but I tend to buy them off trademe for not very much

Now Duncan Bannatynes biography, I think I would like to read that. Time Travellers Wife, do you still have that Donna?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
Reading Around Ireland with a fridge - Tony Hawkes(no not the skate Boarder)
Funny read and quite informative, if you did a similar thing in a car last year(not with a fridge)
Just finished re-reading Round Ireland with a Fridge again - bloody funny, better than his next one Beating the Moldovans at Tennis. Tony Hawkes was in the original series of Red Dwarf and he was in the original They Think Its All Over - funny man.

Before that was Mawson's Will, about an Australian Antarctic explorer who spent 3 months on the ice 100 years ago with little more than a tea-bag to chew pulling his sledge for 300 miles after his 2 companions died and the soles of his feet rotted away - and he survived! Awesome

At the moment The Island by Victoris Hislop about a greek leper colony
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:55 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Just finished re-reading Round Ireland with a Fridge again - bloody funny, better than his next one Beating the Moldovans at Tennis. Tony Hawkes was in the original series of Red Dwarf and he was in the original They Think Its All Over - funny man.

Before that was Mawson's Will, about an Australian Antarctic explorer who spent 3 months on the ice 100 years ago with little more than a tea-bag to chew pulling his sledge for 300 miles after his 2 companions died and the soles of his feet rotted away - and he survived! Awesome

At the moment The Island by Victoris Hislop about a greek leper colony
OK - 2 votes for Round Ireland.. I will have to have a look for it in the Library
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Others that I've heard are really funny and enlightening are the books written by Bill Bryson.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by danny.f
Gonna sound thick here Pet-who's he?
An obnoxious self-made millionaire (the scottish one on dragons den!)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donnaf
James Patterson - Pop goes the Weasel (kindly lent to me by Kerry W as books are so bloody expensive here!)
Have got practically all of his books, will bring them over with me (when we eventually get there!) and start a library.

Anyone like Jeffrey Deaver?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
An obnoxious self-made millionaire (the scottish one on dragons den!)
Ah, but his books are good, otherwise why have you got all of them??
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julesnye
Ah, but his books are good, otherwise why have you got all of them??
Noooo! I find Duncan Bannatyne obnoxious. I don't know if James Patterson is or not, but I do have most of his books!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry RedMonsk, Thought you were talking about Bill Bryson
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

No problem. All this reading addles the brain!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SarahB
I'm not reading anything at the moment as Im addicted to Sudoku.... argh!! I used to read every night in bed but now I have to do those wretched puzzles!!
SarahB, you are in a bad way and I understand what you are going through. First it is the puzzle books and then you move on to on-line games where you play against the clock (www.websudoku.com is a good one!) and then you discover you are sitting at the lunch table skipping lunch whilst the children have theirs so you can get in a couple of puzzles, then the house work starts slipping, and then you husband hides your books, pencils and rubbers and starts suggesting you need "bloody help". The only way I got over it was to go cold turkey. It's tough, but I've got my life back now. It's just this flipping site I now need to kick the habit on ()

Sarah - give it up girl before it's too late!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:12 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Current bedside reading is "On Deconstruction: Theory and Criticism After Structuralism" by Jonathon Culler.

joke
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Avid
Current bedside reading is "On Deconstruction: Theory and Criticism After Structuralism" by Jonathon Culler.

joke
Yup, that would put me to sleep too...zzzzzzzzzz .
Sorry Avid, OH is always saying I am an intellectual wasteland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.