British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   current job info (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/current-job-info-630759/)

alchris Sep 14th 2009 8:05 pm

current job info

Hi all need a bit of info from some clever folks on here. Hubby is an electrician and all his jobs have been in the electrical field 25+ yrs experience. But what I would like to know is does he have to be working as an electrician now? Its just that he was made redundant in April, found a nother job which he started in May but he really hates it and doesnt think he can stay there until we have a visa. Could he leave and become a ....postie... say:ohmy: would it affect our current application?:eek:

Chris xx

aalls73 Sep 14th 2009 10:10 pm

Re: current job info

Hi There,
So are you saying that you have your Visa's etc.. all sorted?? If so it sogouldn't matter what he does from now until you leave as the Visa would of been issued on his experience and qualifications. My OH closed his business and worked for someone else long before we applied...

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 7931013)
Hi all need a bit of info from some clever folks on here. Hubby is an electrician and all his jobs have been in the electrical field 25+ yrs experience. But what I would like to know is does he have to be working as an electrician now? Its just that he was made redundant in April, found a nother job which he started in May but he really hates it and doesnt think he can stay there until we have a visa. Could he leave and become a ....postie... say:ohmy: would it affect our current application?:eek:

Chris xx

alchris Sep 16th 2009 6:28 pm

No we have not got visa's yet, so wondered what impact being an electrician but not working as one from now till we have visa's.

One other thing someone may know the answer too, has any one had there EOI selected, only to wait months and NOT be 'successful'?:ohmy:

BEVS Sep 16th 2009 10:06 pm

Did he already do that H&S test that the sparkies seem to have to do towards their NZ registration and licenses ?

aalls73 Sep 16th 2009 10:14 pm

I honestly can't see how this would be a problem but i'm sure if it is someone will put me straight as far as i'm aware it the Qualifications and Experience that you get your visa with!!!

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 7936724)
No we have not got visa's yet, so wondered what impact being an electrician but not working as one from now till we have visa's.

One other thing someone may know the answer too, has any one had there EOI selected, only to wait months and NOT be 'successful'?:ohmy:

alchris Sep 17th 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7937322)
Did he already do that H&S test that the sparkies seem to have to do towards their NZ registration and licenses ?

Hi Bevs, no luckily he decided not to take the course here, it only valid for a year to get provisional so that would have been more money down the drain!!
Chris x

alchris Sep 17th 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by aalls73 (Post 7937338)
I honestly can't see how this would be a problem but i'm sure if it is someone will put me straight as far as i'm aware it the Qualifications and Experience that you get your visa with!!!

I really hope you are right, OH 's stressed out enough with the move etc so getting out of his current job would definately eliviate( not sure if that's how you spell it!):o the situation a bit. Perhaps it would be worth me contacting NZIS and asking?:confused:

Cheers Chris

aalls73 Sep 17th 2009 9:16 am

yey i dont blame ya just do when you get here its only a 4hour course!!!

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 7938641)
Hi Bevs, no luckily he decided not to take the course here, it only valid for a year to get provisional so that would have been more money down the drain!!
Chris x