Currency Deals

Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Ajohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really nice
Default Currency Deals

Hi folks,

I've had a little look around the net but there seems to be about a million pieces of info and not sure if its entirely objective with all the companies trying to get my money.

Looking to change between 3-5k into $NZ for my 2 year working trip.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about it?

Cheers

AJ
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice
Default Re: Currency Deals

HI, We always use moneycorp who have given us a great service over the past few years converting £ to us$. They are watching the rates for us between £ and NZ$ ans US - NZ$ and will advise the best time to move the money. The chap I deal with is Vaughan, his email address is [email protected]
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Ajohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really niceAjohnston1984 is just really nice

Thanks!

Do I need to get a NZ bank account first?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice

Yes, we opened one with Westpac at the down under show last week, email [email protected] tel 02076217222, the lady we dealt with was Andrea
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:19 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

We use hifxonline.co.nz and they are great, seem to have a slightly higher exchange than moneycorp and doesn't cost. money in NZ bank account within 3 working days. I pay from my UK bank account into their UK bank account then the funds are transferred over into my NZ bank account. All done on line no hassle.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 12:05 am
Confused but Alive

tattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud of

HiFx is great. We use them as well. Transfer over 3k and there are no charges and they use the stock market xchange rate as well so it changes all the time.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:41 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I have used HaloFinancial to transfer money UK to NZ and Hifx to transfer NZ to UK. No complaints with either of them and you get a better exchange rate than the banks
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much everyone. I emailed west pac yesterday and they gave me lots of information. Is there a monthly charge for most banks in NZ.

Will hopefully get that set up this week and get the money sent over before i spend it on leaving party drinks
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:21 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajohnston1984
Thank you very much everyone. I emailed west pac yesterday and they gave me lots of information. Is there a monthly charge for most banks in NZ.

Will hopefully get that set up this week and get the money sent over before i spend it on leaving party drinks
you have to read the small print about charges, some don't if you are putting in a certain amount each month. We're with National Bank and they have been great
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have used NZ forex several times. The fee is clear and you can do it yourself online. It's quick. It's easy. No faffing around

UKforex if in the UK

With bank charges , you need to trawl through each bank to see what is what. It is difficult to avoid bank charges here.