Currency

Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

shocked kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Currency

Originally Posted by ChrisWilson7
Transferring my money to NZ in just over a week, come on you pound!
Presume you are going to chch for the rebuild. Everyone there is depressed and there is absolutely nothing to do. Aftershocks still there - horrilbe. Good luck - you will need it.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:17 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shocked kiwi
Presume you are going to chch for the rebuild. Everyone there is depressed and there is absolutely nothing to do. Aftershocks still there - horrilbe. Good luck - you will need it.
don't think paints a realistic view or a rather bias view, many members on here are over there and seem to be enjoying themselves.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of rubbish! What aftershocks? There hasn't been any noticable for months. Who's depressed, most people are happier here than in miserable pommie-land. What do you mean by nothing to do? There's loads to do, and not enough time to do it all!!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

I am a kiwi hoping to move back to uk so it is better for me! Don't know why anyone would move to Nz - it is unaffordable unless you are a billionaire.
Good for you! I would be delighted if I was in your shoes. Never been so good for you lot leaving eh? Fill yer boots!! I too agree 'why anyone would consider moving to NZ now?' with the currency issue alone its not a good move eh? Add in the spiralling (out of control IMO) prices, the 'house price relative to wages' issue and unless you have a barrow load of cash NZ is a very hard place to start a new life.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Given that you don't seem to live in the place and that you can't know *everyone*, I find this post of yours to ChrisWilson7 rather odd.

ChrisWilson07 is coming with the precise intention of using his skills to help with the rebuild. I am sure he will be fine , not sucumb to instant depression or lack things to do. In any case, if he needs a change away from ChCh , he has only to travel an hour or so to find himself outside of the area completely. Hamner. Nelson. Marlborough Sounds. Ski fields, Wanaka etc.

Not sure on this aftershock business either. I had rather been given the impression from folk we know who live down there that this had improved no end. In fact it was ourselves up here Top of the South and Blenheim that last got rocked. Before that it was Auckland and Welly.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:30 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

You probably get that impression on the news but I have family down there and they're fine. There is frustration at the slow rate of change, but otherwise they are generally pretty happy.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
What a load of rubbish! What aftershocks? There hasn't been any noticable for months. Who's depressed, most people are happier here than in miserable pommie-land. What do you mean by nothing to do? There's loads to do, and not enough time to do it all!!
Maybe you don't feel them in Rangiora? ... http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/recent

"Increased alcohol consumption and significantly higher levels of depression, acute stress and anxiety have been linked to residents living in worst affected areas of the quake-hit Christchurch."

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...R2pqBVQ2M12igw
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:37 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I am a kiwi hoping to move back to uk so it is better for me! Don't know why anyone would move to Nz - it is unaffordable unless you are a billionaire.
I'm a kiwi too but only been back two years. I'm back to the UK for a month in July to see family so I will be comparing (not planning to go back there though). I think it is good that you will be going back. Prices have skyrocketed everywhere, not just in NZ. Is the UK better? I'll report back my findings when I visit, but it sounds like you need a trip over to do a reccie. With your current mood you will remain miserable here and that's no way to live life.

My own personal findings are that prices have gone up over the past few years, and this is particularly hard for people in Auckland who have experienced high rentals and mortgages. I'm actually earning about the same as I was in London and prices are similar (compared to 2 years ago). Will be interesting to see if this has changed.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
Maybe you don't feel them in Rangiora? ... http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/recent
Correct unless they are out our way or over a 4.5, but I'm in Chch all day and haven't felt one since last year.

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
"Increased alcohol consumption and significantly higher levels of depression, acute stress and anxiety have been linked to residents living in worst affected areas of the quake-hit Christchurch."

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...R2pqBVQ2M12igw
I know it is still pretty dire in those suburbs that are red zone or TC3 but the guys that I work with that are in that situation are pretty stoic about it and still have the same craic at work. So to suggest that everyone is depressed is ridiculous!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:06 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

People, people, people....

Please, don't feed the troll.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:31 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by downunderpom
People, people, people....

Please, don't feed the troll.
Yup, that's good advice. Another 'just joined' troll, I ain't falling for that again.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:33 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Never been so good for you lot leaving eh? Fill yer boots!!
Pass me that shovel please, I've got some boots to fill !
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

ChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really nice

Well tomorrow is the day to transfer and I'm accepting what I get. Anyone in the UK financial sector with good news, get it out there early! I jest.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Well tomorrow is the day to transfer and I'm accepting what I get. Anyone in the UK financial sector with good news, get it out there early! I jest.
We took the plunge a while back changing our pensions into kiwis. Got a shite rate on a historical basis but I had to get on with it. Sometimes you just have to take what is on offer. It is a short life. Let us know what you got.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:39 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Well tomorrow is the day to transfer and I'm accepting what I get.
I don't think you're going to get any better....

Egan-Jones Downgrades UK From AA- To A+

"

DOWNGRADING United Kingdom FROM AA- to A+ (S&P: AAA)

THIS IS A NON-NRSRO RATING.

Synopsis: Re. the balance of payments, imports have exceeded exports by an average of 500B pounds annually over the past several years. The major problems for the UK is that Europe's banking crisis does not appear to be abating as evidenced by the problems of the Cypriot banks. On the fiscal side, the deficit to GDP has declined over the past three years from 11.5% to 8.3%, which is a respectable decline, but is still substantial; the bulk of the deficit reduction was the result of increased taxes. The over-riding concern is whether the country will be able to continue to cut its deficit in the face of weaker economic conditions and a possible deterioration in the country's financial sector. Unfortunately, we expect that the UK's debt/GDP will rise and the country will remain pressed (we are waiting for addl 2012 data). We are downgrading."

Genesis, mate! Are you paying attention???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.