Currency

Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:30 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Currency

Originally Posted by trafford
It sounds like you had a bumpy ride downunderpom!
Don't cry for me, Argentina!

If things hadn't gone so horribly wrong, I could still be living in that Sydney rat-hole, instead of in our lovely, sprawling, ranch-style home.

Sometimes, opportunity comes disguised as grief.

Glad what I said helped.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by downunderpom
Ah, yes - "The paralysis of analysis."

And we're all (men) idiots at times. It's what makes us so endearing!

So you say.

Karma your way too for that stonking post. I like it.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately we aren't happy. The business has provided a comfortable lifestyle for years, but the last two have been sheer hell -walking a tightrope trying to keep everything afloat. I am not wishing to complain too much as lots are in the same (or worse) boat, but my OH and I are close to emotional collapse. I just worry that I am being blinded by the desire to run away. The thought of toughing it out here for another couple of years fills me with panic. Maybe my run back to NZ is just the desire to rest.

No, not really. I guess we just want a fresh start and to leave the past behind us. Like TommyLuck says – not wanting to regret passing up an opportunity. We have assets, so it’s not like it would be a huge struggle either. But our earning potential is greater here in the UK. It just seems intolerable to stay here.
Sorry, for the drama! Everyone having to read my witterings! Having another bad day at work – more disasters. It almost feels like fate is forcing us to go (if I believed in fate)!

I couldn’t agree more. My OH says I over-think. He says I should trust in my own resilience and in the relationships with friends and family to help me, and then just jump in. But, then again, he is a complete idiot at times. Just hard to predict which times.
Sounds like you are in the category that I was in, malcontent in the UK and needed a change and hopefully a better life. As Nike says 'just do it' eh?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Sounds like you are in the category that I was in, malcontent in the UK and needed a change and hopefully a better life. As Nike says 'just do it' eh?
NZ $ hammered over night. It fell as low as .8221 agin the US. That is some good news...wonder if its descent will continue in that express elevator that is talked about when it goes down in value?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:29 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
NZ $ hammered over night. It fell as low as .8221 agin the US. That is some good news...wonder if its descent will continue in that express elevator that is talked about when it goes down in value?
Sorry Genesis. Not going to happen anytime soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21589128

Bank of England deputy governor Paul Tucker has said negative interest rates should be considered.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:49 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Sorry Genesis. Not going to happen anytime soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21589128

Bank of England deputy governor Paul Tucker has said negative interest rates should be considered.
When I read that I checked to see if it was April 1! Astonishing. I'm glad my money is invested in rental earning property over there.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:00 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately we aren't happy. The business has provided a comfortable lifestyle for years, but the last two have been sheer hell -walking a tightrope trying to keep everything afloat. I am not wishing to complain too much as lots are in the same (or worse) boat, but my OH and I are close to emotional collapse. I just worry that I am being blinded by the desire to run away. The thought of toughing it out here for another couple of years fills me with panic. Maybe my run back to NZ is just the desire to rest.

No, not really. I guess we just want a fresh start and to leave the past behind us. Like TommyLuck says – not wanting to regret passing up an opportunity. We have assets, so it’s not like it would be a huge struggle either. But our earning potential is greater here in the UK. It just seems intolerable to stay here.
Sorry, for the drama! Everyone having to read my witterings! Having another bad day at work – more disasters. It almost feels like fate is forcing us to go (if I believed in fate)!

I couldn’t agree more. My OH says I over-think. He says I should trust in my own resilience and in the relationships with friends and family to help me, and then just jump in. But, then again, he is a complete idiot at times. Just hard to predict which times.
You might be running away, but hey, what's wrong with that. You have some great life experience and are obviously not shy of hard work. Why not give it a go. NZ won't solve all your problems, but it might help you forget them for a while (or give you a whole new set ). My own personal view is that each country has its good points and its bad. You just have to figure out what's important to you and what isn't. No one else will be able to judge that but you.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
You might be running away, but hey, what's wrong with that. .
Nothing wrong with that. It simply won't resolve the underlying problem. I think it is good to try out NZ and realize it won't help you in any way to deal with life's problems. Disappointment is a great teacher and liberator.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:45 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Assanah
Nothing wrong with that. It simply won't resolve the underlying problem. I think it is good to try out NZ and realize it won't help you in any way to deal with life's problems. Disappointment is a great teacher and liberator.
LOL - blimey. Not one of life's optimists then. You know, sometimes the grass really is greener, but you won't know till you go and have a look.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

All grass will become greener if you water it a lot, ours is presently looking like the Sahara
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
LOL - blimey. Not one of life's optimists then. You know, sometimes the grass really is greener, but you won't know till you go and have a look.
No I am not an optimist. I am just a realist. There is not lasting peace and happiness in greener grass.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Crike !

If we're going to get all philosophical then lasting Peace and Happiness comes from within.

The ups and downs that come with life are from without.

I need to go rest now.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

That's deep man, real deep lol
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Some really good posts here. Very intersting to read the experiences of other folks. It's interesting to ask yourself what would you do if you won the lottery? Apart from the crazy things, the decisions you might make should be the ones you follow now.

It's also interesting that we are mostly saying that money is not that important and other things make us happy, but we are all posting on the currency thread!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:12 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whitesand
Some really good posts here. Very intersting to read the experiences of other folks. It's interesting to ask yourself what would you do if you won the lottery? Apart from the crazy things, the decisions you might make should be the ones you follow now.

It's also interesting that we are mostly saying that money is not that important and other things make us happy, but we are all posting on the currency thread!
“What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise” ― Oscar Wilde

He may have been a poof, but he sure could turn a phrase!

Money's just a tool. What you do with the money determines the quality you get from it. I've known people who were the happiest souls on Earth, and they never had two pennies to rub together. I've known multi-millionaires who were the most miserable bastards you could ever hope to avoid.

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. ” ― Bill Cosby

I like Bill - now there's a man who talks sense, and insists on people taking responsibility for their own actions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.