British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Cucumber News (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cucumber-news-881215/)

Bo-Jangles Nov 27th 2019 7:16 am

Re: Cucumber News

It seems that Pakistan may have trumped us in the tomato price wars and started making jewellery out of this precious commodity. LOL

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/why-thi...edding-2135395

Cucumber necklaces might become the next big thing.

Tom H Nov 27th 2019 9:15 pm

Barnsley Matt will be shocked if news got to him that Woodend Veg Shop was selling Cucumbers at 99c. That being advertised nearly caused a huge amount of crashes on SH1 with locals and drivers in shock and disbelief that they were being sold for that price

Then again, Barnsleys position in the championship won't be helping matters

barnsleymat Dec 31st 2019 4:11 pm

A mate of mine in NZ sent me picture of a cucumber for sale for $1 in Mosgiel and I remembered this post from 3 and half years ago so I thought I'd dig it out and it looks like you lot are still talking about me!!!! Who says nowt happens in NZ!!!

I've just had a quick look on the forum and it looks like it's got a bit quiet on here since I was a regular poster.

I promise I will do an update for you Bev, so much has happened since we returned, it's been a roller coaster of a ride since we got back and we're still loving life back in the UK. We've had quite a few visitors from NZ too and I'm always keen so get them down to the supermarket and take them round the salad section.

Cucumber latest UK price: £0.53

Three years ago they were £0.49

Happy New Cucumber.

BEVS Dec 31st 2019 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 12783828)
A mate of mine in NZ sent me picture of a cucumber for sale for $1 in Mosgiel and I remembered this post from 3 and half years ago so I thought I'd dig it out and it looks like you lot are still talking about me!!!! Who says nowt happens in NZ!!!

I've just had a quick look on the forum and it looks like it's got a bit quiet on here since I was a regular poster.

I promise I will do an update for you Bev, so much has happened since we returned, it's been a roller coaster of a ride since we got back and we're still loving life back in the UK. We've had quite a few visitors from NZ too and I'm always keen so get them down to the supermarket and take them round the salad section.

Happy New Cucumber.

Oo Brilliant! That would be grand.

I know though. Life is so exciting here. :zzz:

Currently trying to grow my own cucumbers but nothing so far. :lol:

RobClubley Jan 7th 2020 7:32 pm

Just to add to this, I was in Durkar ASDA a few days ago and cucumbers were 60p.

escapedtonz Jan 8th 2020 7:35 am

Bought a cucumber the other day for Chinese crispy duck & pancakes. Was a modest $1.99 in my local Countdown for as big a one I could find and that was pretty huge :egyptian:

A4Ron Jan 15th 2020 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 12783828)

Happy New Cucumber.

Brilliant :thumbsup: looking forward to your update Matt

Droidling Jan 16th 2020 1:03 am

Originally Posted by A4Ron (Post 12790295)
Brilliant :thumbsup: looking forward to your update Matt

I’m living in central Shrewsbury these days,for a little while at least until the Romany (joke) thing takes over again.
Enjoyed it with Waitrose as the corner shop (cucumbers don’t even register/99p let’s have a plate load of smoked salmon for £4)
I often lust for a Queens St Auckland doner kebab dripping with chilli sauce in tin foil so it’s horses for courses.
KTF