British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Cucumber News (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cucumber-news-881215/)

scrubbedexpat142 Aug 16th 2018 9:40 am

Re: Cucumber News

Perhaps the Govt. will stop foreigners buying cucumbers to bring the price down :lol:

Charismatic Aug 16th 2018 11:22 am

KiwiGrow: A government backed scheme for everybody who can afford a $650k house to also be able to have a garden to grow cucumbers.

BEVS Aug 16th 2018 11:16 pm

Fill your boots with your very own cucumbers

Which of course begs the question why there is the HUGE seasonal price change in the shops. :sneaky:

Charismatic Aug 23rd 2018 5:51 am

'cumbers on sale for $2 at Pak 'N' Save today.

Clappy Sep 15th 2018 5:23 am

$1.79 for a telegraph cucumber in New World today!

It is not even high-season yet. I am starting to worry that I should not have invested all my savings into Cucumber production.

Charismatic Sep 24th 2018 1:11 am

Could be worse, could be all-in on Australian strawberries. :(

Charismatic Oct 9th 2019 10:06 am

$2/telegraph cucumber at Countdown, NZ grown. It does seem like it's been quite a warm winter so far, maybe that's helped bring crops along early.

Assanah Oct 9th 2019 4:27 pm

Cucumber 0.49 EUR in Germany, standard price, haven't looked for sales or Lidl prices.

BEVS Oct 9th 2019 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 12745888)
$2/telegraph cucumber at Countdown, NZ grown. It does seem like it's been quite a warm winter so far, maybe that's helped bring crops along early.

I haven't yet looked at cucumbers . I've been :ohmy: ing at the price of avocados.

Anyone hear from BarnsleyMatt at all? I really do miss him and his humour.

Pom_Chch Oct 10th 2019 4:22 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12746291)
I haven't yet looked at cucumbers . I've been :ohmy: ing at the price of avocados.

Anyone hear from BarnsleyMatt at all? I really do miss him and his humour.

Probably living in Dunedin 😝

Bo-Jangles Oct 10th 2019 8:01 am

Lettuce is the new cucumber ... apparently!

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/farmi...s-report-finds

Justcol Oct 10th 2019 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch (Post 12746391)
Probably living in Dunedin 😝

Went home and got very negative about his time in NZ. Each to his own I guess

BEVS Oct 11th 2019 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 12746502)
Went home and got very negative about his time in NZ. Each to his own I guess

Ooo. I think nots Col. I certainly think not.

He always held his humour. It was others that didn't like his posts so much so for reasons known to themselves & suggested he maybe should stop posting. ;)

I'm sorry for that. He was fun . He wasn't bitter in any way. He was open about his reasons to leave. He was open about his future plans ; that he might not stay in the UK.
I followed all his sterling efforts to come to NZ. He didn't just fetch up. He really, really worked very hard at that. He was innovative in his life. When he and his family felt it was time to leave he was good enough to share.

I wish he would update . Here or on the UK forum. Would love to know how things are faring and what the price of cucumbers are where he is . :lol:

Anyway, if anyone is in touch, I would love to hear how he is doing.

BEVS Oct 11th 2019 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 12746471)
Lettuce is the new cucumber ... apparently!

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/farmi...s-report-finds

Gawd.

Grow yer own then and stuff the glut down yer face all in one go.

Mind you there are quite some difficulties ensuing over water and the distribution thereof.

Mishclark Oct 11th 2019 3:48 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12746893)
Ooo. I think nots Col. I certainly think not.

He always held his humour. It was others that didn't like his posts so much so for reasons known to themselves & suggested he maybe should stop posting. ;)

I'm sorry for that. He was fun . He wasn't bitter in any way. He was open about his reasons to leave. He was open about his future plans ; that he might not stay in the UK.
I followed all his sterling efforts to come to NZ. He didn't just fetch up. He really, really worked very hard at that. He was innovative in his life. When he and his family felt it was time to leave he was good enough to share.

I wish he would update . Here or on the UK forum. Would love to know how things are faring and what the price of cucumbers are where he is . :lol:

Anyway, if anyone is in touch, I would love to hear how he is doing.

Gosh that's a shame. I still have the odd giggle when I buy cucumbers because of him!
​​​