Cucumber News

Old Nov 23rd 2016, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cucumber News

99c huge healthy cucumber specimens at Pak n Save Papamoa... far better looking / tasting than the Aldi 39/49p hobbies... We are embracing the seasonal thing and trying not lament the off season prices four/five months in advance.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Seems the cucumbers around here must have peaked too early and gone back into hibernation; back to $1.50 each in our Pak n Save today.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Lisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Seems the cucumbers around here must have peaked too early and gone back into hibernation; back to $1.50 each in our Pak n Save today.
Not unlike the sun we saw last week that has gone back into hiding these past few days, I know cucumbers are a seasonal beast but if they are sticking to the proverbial '4 seasons in one day' then cucumber lovers all over NZ are in big trouble... they will be 99c at 9am $2.50 at lunch time $5 between 2pm and 3pm and back to 99c by dinner time
Old Nov 28th 2016, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Still $4.49 at my local 4 square this morning
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa Maree
Not unlike the sun we saw last week that has gone back into hiding these past few days, I know cucumbers are a seasonal beast but if they are sticking to the proverbial '4 seasons in one day' then cucumber lovers all over NZ are in big trouble... they will be 99c at 9am $2.50 at lunch time $5 between 2pm and 3pm and back to 99c by dinner time
I reckon that's how it must work - they were 2 for $2 on Friday evening in the same shop and now $1.99 each or 2 for $3.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Justcol
Still $4.49 at my local 4 square this morning
I reckon its the likes of them that you see doing massive shops in Pak na Save buying up all the specials and then selling it to their shop for twice the price. I saw a lady last year with a whole trolley full of watermelons.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

$1.29 at PaknSave this weekend.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Fruit shop a few kms from me just posted on Facebook...4 avos for $1 and cucumbers 40 cents each!!!
Never seen them below $1 each before. Must be a bumper year.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 8:27 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A Rush And A Push
Fruit shop a few kms from me just posted on Facebook...4 avos for $1 and cucumbers 40 cents each!!!
Not to rain on your parade or 'owt but at that price you just know those avos are going to be brown-grey. Either that or it'll be the best weekend ever!
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Not to rain on your parade or 'owt but at that price you just know those avos are going to be brown-grey. Either that or it'll be the best weekend ever!
They look alright on the pic posted - don't know how to upload a picture from FB on my phone onto here. Nolas Orchard is the page.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:29 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A Rush And A Push
their those little chunky cucumbers for 40cents, the telescope cucumbers are $1.95.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

In the supermarket today there was a special offer on - get two telegraph cucumbers for $3!

I've gone off the idea of eating one now so I didn't buy one.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 2:43 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

$1.25 for telescopic cucumber at local PaknSave this week
Old Dec 14th 2016, 2:09 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
$1.25 for telescopic cucumber at local PaknSave this week
Do you mean a telegraph cucumber?
Old Dec 17th 2016, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Despite my usual defence of kiwi farmers/prices. My wife just bought me 'The World in 2017'(Economist) in the UK for £8, in NZ it is $35 - arghh!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.