Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Crown Removers - ABSOLUTE STARS!

Crown Removers - ABSOLUTE STARS!

Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Crown Removers - ABSOLUTE STARS!

Many of you ask about who and who not to use for removals to NZ, we have just used Crown Removals and cannot speak highly enough of them!

We sent a 20ft container over which we wanted to pack ourselves - not because of costs but purely because we had done it before on other overseas moves. Also our move wasn't a straight forward one because at the moment we don't have PR - which as some of you will know causes lots of problems! Crown and in particular Debbie Mansell were fantastic! they handled everything for us, from the container delivery in the UK, customs clearance and MAF - everything went sooooo smoothly it was unreal.

Once everything had cleared (which by the way went really well - apart from a random pine cone that snuck in - the little b*gger) we needed access to some of the boxes ,as although we are here in NZ at the moment we are off sailing next week for a considerable amount of time. Was this going to be a problem for Crown - getting 1/2 things out of just certain boxes? NOT A PROBLEM! Infact this morning Crown emptied the contents of our container and spread them around their warehouse for us to pick and choose and reseal as we wanted. How many other shippers have let you do this? They resealed everything for us and it is now going to go back into long term storage. In January our son will need access again for his items, once again Crown have said - no problem we'll even deliver them for him as it was included in the price you paid.

Nothing has been too much trouble for them and I would use them again in a heart beat. I know that some smarty pants on here will come out with the 'How much are they paying to say this?' - but that isn't the case and some of you may know my Lil Sis on here Kimi Deacon - she'll back me up. Infact if any of you have got questions ( I'll be away sailing) she will be happy to answer them I'm sure - just PM her.

So it's a big thumbs up from us for Crown

Last edited by LiffyB; Nov 26th 2009 at 3:49 am.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crown Removers - ABSOLUTE STARS!

Our container gets delivered with an unpacking service from Crown on sat morning, will let u know how we get on but they have been good up untill now

Neil
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to hear a positive post, well done Crown.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by teebrown
It's good to hear a positive post, well done Crown.
for Crown from me too x

so far so good x
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Many of you ask about who and who not to use for removals to NZ, we have just used Crown Removals and cannot speak highly enough of them!

We sent a 20ft container over which we wanted to pack ourselves - not because of costs but purely because we had done it before on other overseas moves. Also our move wasn't a straight forward one because at the moment we don't have PR - which as some of you will know causes lots of problems! Crown and in particular Debbie Mansell were fantastic! they handled everything for us, from the container delivery in the UK, customs clearance and MAF - everything went sooooo smoothly it was unreal.

O
One man's meat is another man's poison!!

In order to avoid litigation re- libel I will only state what is factual.
We ordered and paid extra for a case for our Grandfather clock.
On the second packing day - packers realised there was no case- then discovered no case had been ordered. [`one was- in a hurry!]
When it came to fitting clock, the fit was 'very tight!' necessitating foot pressure on front base of clock to GET IT IN!
On unpacking it was cracked 0n the lower front panel and pieces of wood chipped, gouged and scoured off the side, + back of inner face section broken.
The face , which I had pointed out to the packer, was delicate due to the various hands, was packed with no protection to actual face but simply put with weights and other bits amongst crumpled layers of paper!
The packers were rushed. !st day 5 --3 from Lancashire as emergency fill ins.
2nd day-3 [2 new ones.]

1 not really a home packer but a container packer!!!!

Delivered to NZ address- again in a hurry - Friends and family helped!
Unpacked big heavy stuff but unopened boxes showed Crowns colour coding to be absolute ****! Stuff we thought missing was stuck in totally different room boxes. Do not want to empty every 'room' as we're moving to bigger house eventually, but are having to in order to check all contents, as certain items still missing.

The worst complaint was lack of correct information.
On leaving UK we were given ship's name, ETA in NZ. Both wrong!
Initial ETA 14/10/09 then changed to 29/10/09 [ we had to extend furnished rental!] THEN notified 1 week before due- container delayed! Unsure where it was. Found off coast of OZ. Due in NZ Early NOV!
No-one could explain why it had taken so long or where it had been.
Worst of all - there was no laid down plan on how to handle such situations. where clients were faced with living in totally unfurnished accommodation, whilst awaiting their container. Why not an immediate Motel/hotel booking.
Crown this end, whilst slow off the mark to begin with, pulled out all the stops eventually, but if Crown are the best- god help those using the rest!

They are probably no worse than any other Shippers' But they are a damned sight more expensive- so should be a damned sight better!!!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

"They are probably no worse than any other Shippers' But they are a damned sight more expensive- so should be a damned sight better!!!"

You're right there, they quoted us £7000 for the same job that we paid Pickfords for £4000 - and had no problems, which is the reason we didn't use Crown.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

As we packed our own stuff in the UK I cannot comment on anything ref packers from that end - but here in Wellington everything has been first class.

We have all heard the horror stories (which lets face it most people are quick to complain if something goes wrong) but I thought that seeing we had had such excellent treatment from Crown we should at least comment.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

We also used Crown and had no problems at all.
Everything was packed safely and arrived completely undamaged.
The boxes were marked from the rooms they had come from, Lounge,
kitchen, master bedroom,etc etc.
On arrival the boxes were placed in the correct room of our new house in NZ.
Once we had unpacked we called crown who sent a guy in a van to collect
and remove all the empty boxes and waste packing materials.
They even deliverd my motorbike in its crate right to my door even though
the agent in the uk had said i would have to collect it myself from their
depot in Hamilton.
We were able to negotiate on the price quoted after we told them another
company had also quoted a simolar figure for the move. Crown not only reduced
their price but offered to upgrade to their best insurance package for free.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
We also used Crown and had no problems at all.
Everything was packed safely and arrived completely undamaged.
The boxes were marked from the rooms they had come from, Lounge,
kitchen, master bedroom,etc etc.
On arrival the boxes were placed in the correct room of our new house in NZ.
Once we had unpacked we called crown who sent a guy in a van to collect
and remove all the empty boxes and waste packing materials.
They even deliverd my motorbike in its crate right to my door even though
the agent in the uk had said i would have to collect it myself from their
depot in Hamilton.
We were able to negotiate on the price quoted after we told them another
company had also quoted a simolar figure for the move. Crown not only reduced
their price but offered to upgrade to their best insurance package for free.
Your Crown 'franchise' team were obviously Top Notch!
Mine were not.
Another case of Post Code lottery??
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Our container gets delivered with an unpacking service from Crown on sat morning, will let u know how we get on but they have been good up untill now

Neil
You are going to have the best time when that container turns up. I was so excited I could have cried (I didn't) Enjoy, Bevissa xx
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

We used Crown too, and there were really no problems. I think our container missed the boat it was supposed to be on, but our things did arrive undamaged, which was good as we went uninsured. We figured that the cost of repalcing any damaged items was reasonable given the cost of the insurance plus the deductible. I wonder though now if we had not been better off just buying some basic things when we arrived, but it is nice to have our previously loved things.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice
Angry Re: Crown Removers - ABSOLUTE STARS!

We used John Mason in the UK and Crown here. We paid for a fast vessel on a 20ft container. The shipping time turned out to be 10 weeks in total and not the 6 weeks that we were promised.
We paid a ridiculous amount for our insurance as we we're concerned if we didn't have any and because of our track record in Luck, ours probably would have ended up at the bottom of the ocean somewhere.
We'd tried unsuccessfully to get Crown to renegotiate on price as they failed to deliver the fast vessel as originally promised. We noticed in the small print that they were liable for pretty much nothing in regards to delays etc...
We then had the added costs of furniture rental for 2 months as we needed to move into a rental property asap for the purpose of work and schooling.
All in all we felt TOTALLY RIPPED OFF by Crown in everyway and even though the delivery guys this end were really good and helpful despite damage to my daughter's desk which was basically crushed into pieces due to the sheer weight put on top of it, we still feel very disillusioned and disappointed with Crown especially the extortionate costs of $16000!!!!!!
It's most definitely based on personal experienced and obviously some are good and some are bad. Ours unfortunately was BAD!!!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:50 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I've had one mediocre experience with Crown and one rubbish. My mother has had one rubbish.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

As we packed our own stuff in the UK I cannot comment on anything ref packers from that end - but here in Wellington everything has been first class.

We have all heard the horror stories (which lets face it most people are quick to complain if something goes wrong) but I thought that seeing we had had such excellent treatment from Crown we should at least comment.
Hold on a minute.
You Packed your own stuff???!!
How can you pass judgement on how good Crown are, when presumably all they had to do was load your self-packed stuff into a container -- seal it and take it to the docks to await shipping?
Then on arrival in Wellie they deliver container to your place after customs and Maf. They leave you to unpack at your leisure. What could they possibly do wrong?
Maybe I should have got someone else to pack the stuff and just let Crown load the container and take it to the docks.
Nah! They'd still give out wrong info of ships and dates- still lose track of it and be unable to advise where it was or when it was coming- mind you -it would have been a darn site cheaper!!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

What amount of saving does packing/unpacking yourself give you? (Just interested)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.