British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Crown Relocations for pets (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/crown-relocations-pets-404342/)

Karen2000 Oct 26th 2006 4:41 am

Crown Relocations for pets

Hi

I have a quote from Crown to relocate us to NZ , it seems slightly higher than others but from what I have read on this forum it is worth paying the extra money . My question is , has anyone used them to relocate the dog/cat as they will do this aswell and it seemed logical to us to use just the 1 company . Obviously our main concern is the dog and we want him to be safe and comfortable on the journey . There is a disclaimer in the paperwork saying they will not be liable for death or illness caused by relocation , does this mean we have to get insurance cover for the dog ? They do not offer this . Is this standard wording in quotations for pets ? They were very professional and seemed to know what they were talking about .

Many thanks Karen

leedge Oct 26th 2006 10:32 am

Re: Crown Relocations for pets

Originally Posted by Karen2000
Hi

I have a quote from Crown to relocate us to NZ , it seems slightly higher than others but from what I have read on this forum it is worth paying the extra money . My question is , has anyone used them to relocate the dog/cat as they will do this aswell and it seemed logical to us to use just the 1 company . Obviously our main concern is the dog and we want him to be safe and comfortable on the journey . There is a disclaimer in the paperwork saying they will not be liable for death or illness caused by relocation , does this mean we have to get insurance cover for the dog ? They do not offer this . Is this standard wording in quotations for pets ? They were very professional and seemed to know what they were talking about .

Many thanks Karen

Use Golden Arrow....can't recommend them strongly enough...they handled all the vet/MAF stuff and it went like clockwork, they build crates individually for each dog/cat....a real weight off your mind believe me.

Laurence

Maz1 Oct 26th 2006 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Karen2000
Hi

Many thanks Karen

I contacted Crown, as I also wanted to take my cat to NZ, but they said they only shipped animals to Europe.

poppets Oct 26th 2006 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Maz1
I contacted Crown, as I also wanted to take my cat to NZ, but they said they only shipped animals to Europe.

we used passportsforpets to ship our cat here, cost about £500, really helpful people, my normal vet did all the vet side of things for me as she was cleared by DEFRA, easy to do