Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Crike, it's freezing.

Crike, it's freezing.

Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crike, it's freezing.

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
To get me as fit as a fiddle, one of the reasons we moved to NZ was to make some massive changes with our lifestyles, getting fit was one of these things. It's a great country to get active in. I look loads better and I feel loads better. I lost 9kg from just running.

I'll be running this years Dunedin marathon in 3 months, 7 months ago I couldn't even run 1 km.

It's tough out running every night in the dark freezing Dunedin evenings, but they make us tough in Yorkshire.
Fantastic stuff, well done you.
My sis ran the London marathon this year, her 2nd marathon and countless half's ect. She too only started running a couple of years ago. She ran the London on for her 50th (well she then had a well deserved holiday on her actual birthday to somewhere lovely).
I was very pleased with myself for making it to 5km the other day.
Kaz
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babybella
Fantastic stuff, well done you.
My sis ran the London marathon this year, her 2nd marathon and countless half's ect. She too only started running a couple of years ago. She ran the London on for her 50th (well she then had a well deserved holiday on her actual birthday to somewhere lovely).
I was very pleased with myself for making it to 5km the other day.
Kaz
My dream is to run the London Marathon, she's done bloody well starting running well into her 40's. Good on her. And good on you for making the 5km, it's tough to extend the distances when you first get going but it all comes together in the end.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:29 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
To get me as fit as a fiddle, one of the reasons we moved to NZ was to make some massive changes with our lifestyles, getting fit was one of these things. It's a great country to get active in. I look loads better and I feel loads better. I lost 9kg from just running.

I'll be running this years Dunedin marathon in 3 months, 7 months ago I couldn't even run 1 km.

It's tough out running every night in the dark freezing Dunedin evenings, but they make us tough in Yorkshire.
Well done you!! I'm fitter since living in NZ started running and gym in my 50s at end of 2009 and have kept it up! Look and feel much better, I'm sure I would never have kept it up in the UK like I usually did
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:31 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Twas - 6 on the Taieri plains last week , good job i put the truck in the garage as the suzuki was like a block of ice in the morning , still it was toasty warm in our house , over 25 in the lounge and hovering around 19 the rest of it , not bad when its that low outside ay ?

Even though it gets down that low in the winter some times , we would not change it for the NI lol One of the warmest and driest places in NZ this year was Otago , gorgeous SUMMER , Yes SUMMER was uploaded in Otago , dont think it got past update in NI ay ? or the programme stalled a quarter of the way through lol .

Nige, Dunners since 05
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ahem .

This is a thread for all things frozies.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:36 am
`

Erm. A bit frozed around the edges today.

BBrrr.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Erm. A bit frozed around the edges today.

BBrrr.
I tend to agree, I just conceded to this and now have my dressing gown on. It's not even 5pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Got up to 18° today in Rangiora when the Nor'wester really started to blow!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 5:20 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Got up to 18° today in Rangiora when the Nor'wester really started to blow!
Ah thats what it was....still 15C now at 17.20......
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:02 am
`

You both be mentals and you know it.

Woodlea

Coldest in 130 years in some places. Me and him did a few visits today to make sure of some folk around and about.

Stoked, as they say. Plenty logs to hand.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:35 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

You both be mentals and you know it.

Woodlea

Coldest in 130 years in some places. Me and him did a few visits today to make sure of some folk around and about.

Stoked, as they say. Plenty logs to hand.
Plenty of logs......having a barbie tonight Bevs....warm enough down here....
Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:30 am
`

That's called desperation or you're too lazy to cook.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 3:33 am

That's called desperation or you're too lazy to cook.
Ovens are a bastard to clean....
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:23 am
`

OMG ! It's blummin' well freezing.

Everyone around here is wondering what the heck is going on weather wise.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

OMG ! It's blummin' well freezing.

Everyone around here is wondering what the heck is going on weather wise.
Its even quite chilly in Auckland!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.