British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Crike, it's freezing. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/crike-its-freezing-761674/)

BEVS Jun 13th 2012 11:20 pm

Crike, it's freezing.

Crike ! It's freezing today :ohmy:

Then ends of my fingers are frozed.

Jan n Neil Jun 14th 2012 6:13 am

Re: Crike, it's freezing.

Your lucky it,s just your fingers :o

ragdolls2 Jun 14th 2012 7:48 am

:rofl:

BEVS Jun 14th 2012 10:49 am

I was being polite.

Bo-Jangles Jun 14th 2012 10:59 am

Well if you're freezing your bits off today, here's something to look forward to.

Spoiler:

It's forecast to be even colder tomorrow.

babybella Jun 15th 2012 6:49 am

Yep, twas pretty cold on the hockey field this morn.
Kaz

sirplug Jun 16th 2012 6:19 am

Indeed, it's getting cold, I now have to wear a long sleeve T shirt, with my shorts and jandels!

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 16th 2012 11:49 am

Bloomin' freezing here tonight. Thank goodness we are off to warmer climes for a couple of weeks. :thumbsup: TTFN

Bo-Jangles Jun 16th 2012 11:59 am

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 10122084)
Indeed, it's getting cold, I now have to wear a long sleeve T shirt, with my shorts and jandels!

I'll bet you've gone totally troppo with your socks hidden beneath those jandals. :rofl:

BEVS Jun 17th 2012 5:14 am

Frozed ! :cry_smile:

barnsleymat Jun 17th 2012 7:04 am

Just done another 7 miles run in below freezing conditions in the dark around Dunedin and I'll be doing it again most nights throughout winter, this Yorkshireman is a proud non JAFA.

I'm bloody boiling.

Jan n Neil Jun 19th 2012 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 10123507)
Just done another 7 miles run in below freezing conditions in the dark around Dunedin and I'll be doing it again most nights throughout winter, this Yorkshireman is a proud non JAFA.

I'm bloody boiling.

WHY ?

scottishstacey Jun 19th 2012 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 10127838)
WHY ?

+ 1 :rofl:

barnsleymat Jun 19th 2012 9:31 pm

To get me as fit as a fiddle, one of the reasons we moved to NZ was to make some massive changes with our lifestyles, getting fit was one of these things. It's a great country to get active in. I look loads better and I feel loads better. I lost 9kg from just running.

I'll be running this years Dunedin marathon in 3 months, 7 months ago I couldn't even run 1 km.

It's tough out running every night in the dark freezing Dunedin evenings, but they make us tough in Yorkshire.

scottishstacey Jun 19th 2012 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 10128085)
To get me as fit as a fiddle, one of the reasons we moved to NZ was to make some massive changes with our lifestyles, getting fit was one of these things. It's a great country to get active in. I look loads better and I feel loads better. I lost 9kg from just running.

I'll be running this years Dunedin marathon in 3 months, 7 months ago I couldn't even run 1 km.

It's tough out running every night in the dark freezing Dunedin evenings, but they make us tough in Yorkshire.

Best of luck for the marathon! Im trying to be on a fitness drive at the moment, been going to the gym everyday but i dont think it'll last long. I should take a page out of your book and go jogging! At least you'll be fairly used to the cold weather then lol :p