Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cricket NZ v England- Eden Park Where best to Sit??

Cricket NZ v England- Eden Park Where best to Sit??

Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Adventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to all
Default Cricket NZ v England- Eden Park Where best to Sit??

Hello
Anyone got experience of watching cricket at Eden park and can advise us what section might be best to buy tickets for family including 2 x very young kids (2 + 4) at Eden park for the cricket.
May be different answers for the different matches that are on different days.
We would really like to be out of the sun if possible especially for the day match on 15th feb that starts at 2pm.

5th Feb 20 overs match starts 7pm
15th Feb 50 overs match starts 2pm.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket NZ v England- Eden Park Where best to Sit??

Might depend on the seating arrangements! Is seating allocated or is it just general admittance and you sit where you can?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Might depend on the seating arrangements! Is seating allocated or is it just general admittance and you sit where you can?
We've gone for the family enclosure ie NBNZ Neighbourhood combos (this gives you a row and seat number) as I understand that this avoids the worst of any (?) bad behaviour, not sure about the sun in that area - I'd be interested too.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:26 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Seeing as how you have young kids I think you should ask for the National Bank Neighbourhood. They have a special deal for combo adult sprog tickets.

edit: lardyl beat me to it...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:34 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Seeing as how you have young kids I think you should ask for the National Bank Neighbourhood. They have a special deal for combo adult sprog tickets.

edit: lardyl beat me to it...
geat minds, eh?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:37 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adventurer
Hello
Anyone got experience of watching cricket at Eden park and can advise us what section might be best to buy tickets for family including 2 x very young kids (2 + 4) at Eden park for the cricket.
May be different answers for the different matches that are on different days.
We would really like to be out of the sun if possible especially for the day match on 15th feb that starts at 2pm.

5th Feb 20 overs match starts 7pm
15th Feb 50 overs match starts 2pm.

Thanks in advance
Gully I'd say ... that way you'll be ready for Harmison's first ball.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Gully I'd say ... that way you'll be ready for Harmison's first ball.

for the twenty20 probably, but by the time we get there someone else will be opening the bowling
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:40 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

I have never been to see cricket match before, and its like a dream come true for my son and i to see this match, we've got tickets seated in the family stand, I just can't wait to see it. Are there lots of the expats from here going ?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:43 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Marika 38
I have never been to see cricket match before, and its like a dream come true for my son and i to see this match, we've got tickets seated in the family stand, I just can't wait to see it. Are there lots of the expats from here going ?
one dayer or twenty20? (see OP if in doubt!)
we're off to the one dayer, three generations of Lardies......watch out Mount Eden.......
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:29 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
one dayer or twenty20? (see OP if in doubt!)
we're off to the one dayer, three generations of Lardies......watch out Mount Eden.......
Onedayer on feb 15th for us too. 3 generations, cool. Maybe we could meet, just to say Hi in person. PM me if you want a mobile number. Cheers .
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

ENGLANDDD>>>>>>>
Not a bad day really, weather OK (apart from one shower), plenty of action and the series is still alive.........
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:39 pm
Cornish Lass

Hi Lardyl,
i got that completely wrong didn't I, good job i checked my tickets, and seen that my tickets were for the 12th at Seddon Park, . We had great time, what an experience, but was a shame to watch England be beaten so convincingly.
Glad they did better at Eden Park, wish I could have been there too. When is the 3 day test ?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Marika 38
When is the 3 day test ?
ODI BLACKCAPS v England, McLean Park, Napier Wed 20 February (11am)
ODI BLACKCAPS v England, AMI Stadium, Christchurch Sat 23 February
BLACKCAPS v England, Seddon Park, Hamilton Wed 5 March - Sun 09 March
BLACKCAPS v England, Basin Reserve, Wellington Thu 13 March - Mon 17
BLACKCAPS v England, McLean Park, Napier Sat 22 March - Wed 26 March

Was there yesterday and loved it, my head doesn't tho
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:23 am
Cornish Lass

Thanks Owen,
will ring Ticketek, to get some tickets for a day at one of the tests.

Cheers