Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cricket NZ v England

Cricket NZ v England

Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cricket NZ v England

I'm reliably informed that England are touring NZ this winter (NZ Summer), anyone know if this is true and whether tickets are on sale as yet?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all
Default Re: Cricket NZ v England

Yes and No

There's a mix up over one venue (Eden Park) which should be sorted next week.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I'm reliably informed that England are touring NZ this winter (NZ Summer), anyone know if this is true and whether tickets are on sale as yet?
Yes they're coming over next year

http://www.ecb.co.uk/england/future-...nd,277,BP.html
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Excellant
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Looking forward to it too

However, is it difficult to get tickets?
And what sort of price are they?

Edit:

Bit of googling and

http://blackcaps.co.nz/page.aspx?pri=115

so, it seems that $36 was the top price against the Aussies at Eden Park.

Not Bad!

Last edited by justinthyme; Jun 29th 2007 at 11:18 am.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justinthyme

so, it seems that $36 was the top price against the Aussies at Eden Park.

Not Bad!
Watching quality sport is cheap out here. $40 or less for 1 adult and 2 kids to see the Crusaders, about $80 (for 3) to see the ABs v SA in a fortnight at the Jade. The only gripe is the lack of atmosphere, not like an English football match or even a rugby match, no chants, songs or ref abuse. So I'm looking forward to the Barmy Army coming to liven things up in March.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Here we go from the BBC website for 2008:

England in New Zealand:

February
2 v Canterbury, Christchurch
3 v Canterbury, Christchurch
5 v New Zealand, first Twenty20 international, Christchurch
7 v New Zealand, second Twenty20 international, Auckland
9 v New Zealand, first one day international, Wellington
12 v New Zealand, second one day international, Hamilton
15 v New Zealand, third one day international, Auckland
20 v New Zealand, fourth one day international, Napier
23 v New Zealand, fifth one day international, Christchurch
25-26 v Otago, Dunedin
28-Mar 1 v Otago, Dunedin
March
5-9 v New Zealand, first Test, Hamilton
13-17 v New Zealand, second Test, Wellington
22-26 v New Zealand, third Test, Napier

and
New Zealand will tour England in the summer of 2008.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
9th Feb Wellington - i'd better make sure of that job offer and get permit or i might find myself slung out of the country by then.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

According to the latest sports news on the radio today, they won't be playing any tour matches in either Christchurch or Auckland.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Fishing, boating, tramping, skiing and now all this cricket - there's not enough hours in the day in NZ

from http://www.nzcricket.co.nz/display.aspx?pri=36&sec=68&cid=6293&provider=4&tpl =0

National Bank Series schedule announced

New Zealand Cricket today announced the schedule for an exciting summer of National Bank Series international cricket.

Bangladesh arrive in New Zealand in December to play in two First-Class matches, three ODIs and two Test matches.

England arrive in late January for a comprehensive tour, which will feature two Twenty20 matches, five ODIs and three Test matches.

"We have a full summer of cricket with 35 days of international cricket scheduled throughout New Zealand, bringing the BLACKCAPS and international cricket to as much of the country as possible," NZC CEO Justin Vaughan said.

"Bangladesh showed at the ICC Cricket World Cup that they are a steadily improving side who can be dangerous if underestimated.

"With matches at key locations during the holiday period we expect the Bangladesh tour to be well supported with One-Day matches in Auckland, Napier and Queenstown.

"New Zealand crowds always enjoy turning out to watch a visiting English side. This is a comprehensive tour by England and we are expecting a large number of English fans to travel to New Zealand for the series.

"England will compete strongly in all three forms of the game and the series will build on our traditional rivalry with them ahead of the BLACKCAPS tour there in May next year."

The schedule will see the return of Test cricket to Dunedin during the Bangladesh tour. The University Oval will also play host to a First-Class match against England.

"Otago Cricket and the Dunedin City Council are working very hard to prepare the University Oval Venue to international standards and we are looking forward to seeing the University Oval host its first Test match."

"Christchurch will have its first international men's Twenty20 match. Twenty20 cricket has been well supported by crowds in Auckland and Wellington and we are expecting this fast and exciting format to draw a big crowd at Jade Stadium
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:54 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Fishing, boating, tramping, skiing and now all this cricket - there's not enough hours in the day in NZ
Hope you're not coming just to be another ruddy "swallow" are you?
That gives us Brits who contribute a bad name............
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

You don't think you might have a bad name because you're a bit of a twat, do you?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

You don't think you might have a bad name because you're a bit of a twat, do you?
nice....I just asked a legit question - are you coming to contribute or just do all the things your post highlighted?
in the posts I have read from you (I may be clouded somewhat in what I have read mind) there is no mention of work at all, just boating and fishing (and now cricket).
no need to resort to name calling - just interested if there is a pattern there? as some of my workmates, who are mates and Kiwis BTW, were sounding off about northern hemisphere types who spend cash to get a place and have their summers in the relevant hemisphere turning some of the better parts of NZ into holiday camps for these retirees - hence the term "swallow".
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bit offensive bud - no need for that.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

nice....I just asked a legit question - are you coming to contribute or just do all the things your post highlighted?
in the posts I have read from you (I may be clouded somewhat in what I have read mind) there is no mention of work at all, just boating and fishing (and now cricket).
no need to resort to name calling - just interested if there is a pattern there? as some of my workmates, who are mates and Kiwis BTW, were sounding off about northern hemisphere types who spend cash to get a place and have their summers in the relevant hemisphere turning some of the better parts of NZ into holiday camps for these retirees - hence the term "swallow".
Your question had nothing at all to do with the subject of what was an informative thread..instead it appeared to be a not so subtle dig at what you incorrectly assume to be my lifestyle. I should also add that whether I'm a swallow or a shitehawk is no business of yours - especially on a thread talking about cricket.
If you wish to discus the merits or demerits of long term and regular vacations or irregular work patterns to or in NZ perhaps you should start a relevant thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.