Creepy crawlies

Old May 6th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

meercat is on a distinguished road
Default Creepy crawlies

I know Oz is full of them, spiders, ants, cockroaches etc. Do NZ homes suffer the same?
Old May 6th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Creepy crawlies

Originally Posted by meercat
I know Oz is full of them, spiders, ants, cockroaches etc. Do NZ homes suffer the same?
I know they have a spider that can do some damage and looks very similar to the OZ one thats dangerous.
Old May 6th 2007, 9:54 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

its the white tail spider ( not pictured) and can cause a nasty reaction, people dont die though ( i believe)
Attached Thumbnails Creepy crawlies-p3050055-medium-.jpg   Creepy crawlies-stuff-002-medium-.jpg  
Old May 6th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
I know they have a spider that can do some damage and looks very similar to the OZ one thats dangerous.
I think having one dangerous spider is better than lots!
Old May 6th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Apple Tree
its the white tail spider ( not pictured) and can cause a nasty reaction, people dont die though ( i believe)
If I saw that in my house I would run a mile!
Old May 6th 2007, 9:59 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

If I saw that in my house I would run a mile!

i took that pic in your house............................
Old May 6th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 6th 2007, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

that looks like an alien - what is it?
Old May 6th 2007, 10:35 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

OMG! Those pics are hideous and I'm Australian! Funny how British ppl are always so obsessed with beasties! My Scottish ex actually had a proper r'ship going on with the huntsman spider on his windowsill when he was in Oz!

Just to clarify: are these monsters from NZ? I'm thinking of moving there, have never been and have always lived on the presumption that NZ didn't have any beasties???? No snakes, spiders, ants (that bite) or cockroaches??? Have I been mislead?
Old May 6th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

that looks like an alien - what is it?
The one with the hairy hand is a Weta & the other is a Puriri Moth (apparently) next to the "large" Tuna Tin
Old May 6th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by matildaskye
OMG! Those pics are hideous and I'm Australian! Funny how British ppl are always so obsessed with beasties! My Scottish ex actually had a proper r'ship going on with the huntsman spider on his windowsill when he was in Oz!

Just to clarify: are these monsters from NZ? I'm thinking of moving there, have never been and have always lived on the presumption that NZ didn't have any beasties???? No snakes, spiders, ants (that bite) or cockroaches??? Have I been mislead?
http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/0/A4E...256D750010F8FB
Old May 6th 2007, 6:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by matildaskye
OMG!

there are "monsters" everywhere, especially ants, and all are super poisonus to Aussies & Jafas
Old May 6th 2007, 10:56 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Wetas are ace! These are all from our garden except the cave weta

Cave weta:

Stick insects

Old May 7th 2007, 2:09 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Cool pics Rob, but you could've waited till I finished my lunch
Old May 7th 2007, 2:34 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Don't mind the stick insects, but those wetas Haven't seen any of them yet & I don't think I want to. I've just been outside to look at the gravel chips on our driveway, jeez that thing must be huge Rob. I don't think I'll be going in any caves anytime soon either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.