Credit Rating

Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:14 pm
*shell*typer

Default Credit Rating

Can anyone clear something up for me?

Me & my husband are thinking of moving to NZ, does your credit history have to start from scratch like the USA?

Cheers

Shell

Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Da' Calders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Credit Rating

Originally Posted by *shell*typer

Me & my husband are thinking of moving to NZ, does your credit history have to start from scratch like the USA?

Cheers

Shell
i might be wrong but i believe so.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Credit Rating

Originally Posted by *shell*typer

Cheers

Shell
Your credit history does not follow you around, but in Nz it is not a case of a formal credit "score". So in a sense you have to start again, but if you have a job and residency it is easy to get credit. It can be more difficult if you dont have residency, but I know of people who were able to get a home loan without residency. We were also able to get a credit card before we got residency.

It is pretty much a case of which person you end up dealing with, as to how easy it will be. But if you have residency you should have no problems