Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Crap driving examples

Crap driving examples

Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crap driving examples

Originally Posted by simonsi
I haven't yet heard of anyone driving the wrong way down any of the motorways in NZ yet, that seemed to happen quite often at one stage in the UK...
Your joking. One killed in Wellington doing this not long ago
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
I think to myself 'they surely wouldn't try crossing when there are cars turning left', so I look right and turn left pulling out (they still hadn't moved at this point) and as I move onto the new road THEY CASUALLY STROLLED OUT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I see this often and usually there's some attitude that goes with it, it's very deliberate and often they'll look you in the eye as they do it, cuz they is so effin hard innit.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

You've all got it so wrong, its not the locals causing the accidents with their less than impeccable driving, no its the tourists who aren't used to the roads and different rules....
Is what I seem to recall some senior dibble spouting a few months ago.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 11:06 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
You've all got it so wrong, its not the locals causing the accidents with their less than impeccable driving, no its the tourists who aren't used to the roads and different rules....
Is what I seem to recall some senior dibble spouting a few months ago.
and all the rest is down to "Asians" isn't it?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
and all the rest is down to "Asians" isn't it?
That's what they say 'Asian Drivers, No survivors.'
Old Oct 11th 2012, 11:27 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
haha
but then "Asian" covers a multitude of "sins"
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a difference between Wellingotn and Auckland.

While on business in Wellington the other day I took an early morning stroll around CBD not one predestrian waits for cars turning in or out of side roads they just keep on walking do not use crossing or anything i kept stopping at junctions etc and got strange looks In Wellington the Predestrian rules

Auckland Motorist rules! The best I have seen on the motorway on SH1 is a bloke shaving with both hands while sitting right on my bumper and I am doing 70!

Having said that did any of you see motorway patrol last night that was unbelieveable
Old Oct 12th 2012, 6:34 am
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Do you no why asians are so bad drivers?.....the kiwi's taught them!!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Genesis
Just had some utter TWAT indicate and park up nicely JUST before the totally BLIND bend at the top of the hill by where I live........I tooted but the lady was not moving, until I told her it was IMPOSSIBLE to pass her safely and that her choice of parking area was less that clever. No expletives used by me..I just shouted as I wanted to be heard and was frankly a tad cross.

I got the finger from the passenger..what did I say about attitudes irking me? HOW THICK CAN A MIDDLE AGED DRIVER BE???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Dumb, dumb, dumb to the power of 10!
Shout at another driver in many parts of the UK and and there's a good chance they'll jump out and give you a slap.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence
Shout at another driver in many parts of the UK and and there's a good chance they'll jump out and give you a slap.
Strange eh? I have noticed that. Aggressive as they are with their driving stance they rarely if ever will get out and clock someone. In all the 7.5 years here in NZ I have been sworn at once and got the finger the other day. Mind you I have been tailgated 1.3 million times, been cut up 700,000 times had to avoid 30 oncoming vehicles on my side of the road and never ever have I been shown any courtesy regarding being allowed any part of the road where I need to go. Apart from that it is all good.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

My experience with Kiwi drivers is that they are extremely aggressive. Somebody wanted to pull in in front of me but I didn't let him. The driver honk his horn and I thought that would be it. Boy, was I wrong. This guy tailgated me for 5 minutes with his headlights on. So I stopped let him pass and then was behind him! Scared as Kiwis are the driver suddenly behaved impeccable. Had several incidents where people just totally lost it. I admit I am a little bully on the road but I never encountered these aggressive over the top reactions in Germany. That is why I think that the "relaxed and happy Kiwi" is a myth. You push them a tiny little bit on the road or at work and they freak out. Be warned.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:31 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Assanah
My experience with Kiwi drivers is that they are extremely aggressive. Somebody wanted to pull in in front of me but I didn't let him. The driver honk his horn and I thought that would be it. Boy, was I wrong. This guy tailgated me for 5 minutes with his headlights on. So I stopped let him pass and then was behind him! Scared as Kiwis are the driver suddenly behaved impeccable. Had several incidents where people just totally lost it. I admit I am a little bully on the road but I never encountered these aggressive over the top reactions in Germany. That is why I think that the "relaxed and happy Kiwi" is a myth. You push them a tiny little bit on the road or at work and they freak out. Be warned.
Ive never encounted a aggresive driver here, but loads in the UK.

usually they are so thick they dont know what they have done wrong when ive tooted them.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 9:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The driving standards hereabouts is complete & utter sh!te. The attitude of many of the drivers stinks. Please note I don't care what nationality they are when they are endangering my life or anyone else's for that matter.

Me and him have so many stories of extreme bad driving standards and bullyblog behaviours. I have to say I feel less safe on the roads here than back in the UK. Even if the road is almost empty , some complete and utter death-trap of a fool will be around & not driving to the conditions . God help you if you do less that 100K for any reason, like on a hair pin road without a crash barrier for example. You deserve to be tailgated ,overtaken by a hairs breath & then cut up. It spoils any possible enjoyment you might get from driving a lovely route, as at any time a metal missile might be upon you.

My worst one was in having a vehicle coming straight at me on my side of the road. It had overtaken another vehicle on a 45 degree angle bend & was still accelerating.
There was no-where for me to go but off the road onto a sloping verge to the left. Thank goodness it wasn't a ditch or a drop.

My friend's daughter narrowly missed being severely injured just last week. She was in her friend's Dad's car when said friend lost control through driving too fast. It went down a slope. The car was a write off. Here is the thing though. This friend had written off her own car just the week previous . Has this latest incident given this friend the idea she might die soon or kill someone else. Nopes. Has her Dad done something to try & encourage or educate this young woman to be safer on the road.
Nopes.

FFS
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah
That is why I think that the "relaxed and happy Kiwi" is a myth.
I'd second that and its not just when they are driving, There is far to much testosterone and aggression
flying around inside most kiwis. Many rural types think being bullish is a social grace
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

My finest moment of experiencing Kiwi drivers was some idiot giving me verbals when I didn't let him pass to head down Innes Road from Queen Elizabeth Drive. So at the start of Innes Road, he decided to attempt to overtake whilst it's still 80kmh and during the overtaking manouvre, gave me a load of verbals

Not realising whilst giving me aload of abuse, he didn't hear the car in front of him ahead sound the horn resulting in a head on collision. His car toppled over and went down the side of the bank near Mairehau school whilst the other car just missed me and came to a halt by the Briggs Road turn off

Well I decided to turn into Mairehau Drive and wait for the police to give evidence as to what had happened. Their words, usual idiotic driving I see. I did inform them that he was mad that I didn't let him through on QE drive so he had to use the roundabout to turn left instead of an emergency brake. No fault of mine, we were side by side when he apparently tried to indicate

For all his wrath, he's got no car now and has a huge expensive pay out to fix the car he went into (not sure if he's got insurance or not). Karma aint it a bitch sometimes

I can guess that he's one of these drivers that has never heard of parking straight.

They remind me of East London drivers do the Kiwi drivers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.