Reload this Page >

Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

Originally Posted by Stoof
oo - we've got a viewing booked for monday night - 3rd one in 5 months...

fingers crossed for third time lucky?!
not counting any chickens but.....

woo hoo - we've just got a "sorry it's sold" sign on the front of our house

now have EVERYTHING crossed that all goes smoothly

good luck everyone

Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

YIPPEE well done, fingers crossed for you
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:45 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news...have fingers and toes crossed for you here too

Just gone back on with a new agent ourselves. Hopefully things will pick up with Spring on the doorstep

That first offer is beginning to look appealing now and it was low!!!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all

We sold back in December and should (fingers crossed) exchange early next week - BUT CAN'T FIND A RENTAL!:curse: Only want it for six months but the cr£*%y housing market includes the rental market too. Looking at a small house in a not so good area and a luxury apartment this weekend - that's how bad it is - one extreme to the other.:curse:
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:02 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

But and here's the big one....... if you can wait 2-5 yrs you may get much more (sorry I know everyone needs to seel NOW).

The reason I say that is I've got to know a few polish and other immigrants in the uk. Initially they came for money, but now they are looking for investment but can't quite afford it yet. In 2-5 yrs when they can they will all be going for houses to live in and to rent. Not hard to work out but there are the odd 1 or 2 in the UK.

This is just a personal observation from someone who's been in property for more years than he will admit.

Anyway, sorry for ranting big time but it's just my little view on things. Bad news is I want to go to NZ in early 2009 so will miss out, bugger!!!!
...so we gave up and rented our property out Kept the above advise in mind and is helping me believe our decision is a good one.

Gave the house to Property Management company and had tennants in a week Actually, it's a young Polish family that have rented it too!

Figured that with NZ interest rates we may as well stay on the UK ladder and rent for a year...will reassess then!

How's everyone else going?

Tan
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Rosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really nice

I think the silence from this end says it all ....... raffle ticket anyone, first prize highly polished home, second prize can of beans....
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

picture the tumbleweed blowing down an empty street !!

Last edited by weebossyboots; Mar 17th 2008 at 11:25 am.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:17 pm
JK1
Just Joined

JK1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

Dear All
still here no more viewings suggested to agent we dropped price said not to bother will not make any effect unless you go below £250k mark (£85k drop) more houses on for sale than buyers maybe the easter bunny might bring good luck! pigs might fly
wish we could rent out house but think be no takers as the location is too remote and rent no cover half mortgage
good idea though Tan good luck
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:45 am

Should add that we will lose around a £110 a month for the next four months...We're due to remortgage in August and had we remortgaged (or paid off mortgage) sooner we'd have to pay a £3500 penalty to the bank :curse:......so in reality we're saving loads of wonga (at least that's what I tell myself to cope with all of this)

Will still have to remortgage to Interest only so that rent covers mortgage. Even then we'll be paying a small amount monthly to keep the house going in the UK (Property Management fees etc..). Would obviously prefer not to have interest only mortgage but at least the house is still an investment for our money (if house prices ever rise again)

Tan
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

ginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the rough

We've been seriously considering renting out our house and just going over to NZ asap, it's been on the market nearly a year and I'm sure you all know how hard it is to keep your motivation going. We've just received an offer today, although it's below what we had agreed we'd accept, going to decide tonight what to do
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck making your decision.
Although I dont know your financial circumstances, I would strongly recommend you accept the offer if it is fair. That way you can move on with your lives and try our something new.

The market in NZ is also not great. Although you could get a really good deal. Beaware though, you will need help when you arrive as the real estate agents just love you pale skin and fresh pommy accent!!!

Good luck
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

ginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the roughginabridget is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

We decided to accept the offer , although I have a funny feeling about it, I'm sure that they'll pull out before we get to exchange contracts. Have also told them that I want a 4 week delay between exchanging and completing and they seem fine with that, hopefully that will give us time to get furniture sold and flights booked, so until we exchange I don't think I can get truly excited about it.

You're definitely right, having made that decision we can now move on with our lives, we did a massive list of pros and cons for accepting/rejecting the offer last night and being able to move forward in the whole NZ process was the winner.

I've just been reading some articles on the NZ property market this morning and it does seem very similar to what's happening in the UK, although with the crappy exchange rate it looks like we'll be renting for quite a while before it's worth moving money and stepping back on the property ladder.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

mitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant future

our buyer pulled out last week after 8 months on the market ..we were 4 weeks from completing ..

we are now back to square one except we now have our visa's so the clock is ticking ..
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

I had a viewer tonight - woo hoo

He barged in, straight passed me, mummbled something - had wife and 2 kids in tow who ran amok (the kids, not the wife), looked round in about 30 seconds and left again.

I guess that'll be a no
Old May 9th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

After 8 and a half months, 5 notes of interest, 4 offers, one sale fall through, 1 suspected ulcer, 1 near divorce and many tears and tantrums it look like we have a buyer who wants in in less than 4 WEEKS!

Doesn't give me time to stop and think, which is possibly a good thing, possibly the worst, but fingers crossed it doesn't fall through.

How's everyone else getting on?

I'm away for beer and curry . . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.