Reload this Page >

Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

slimchic will become famous soon enoughslimchic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cr@ppy Housing Market - UK

Originally Posted by Rosiebear
I feel better reading all this, we put our house on about three months ago and have had a whole one viewer! We are in West Scotland and nothing in our area is moving unless it is on at a "fixed price". We will on it until after crimble, fix the price and if there is no joy we will not be going. The OH had a job lined up with a provisional start date of the end of September - we had a really angry e-mail when he told the the original start date was a no go, but we had made it very clear that everything depended on the house sale, oh well...anyone looking for an eighteenth century townhouse - a bargain, tastefully decorated, depersonalised, emptied, scrubbed etc oh well!
and hey Rosiebear. scotland is wonderful. have visit lots of times. och the noo!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

hi guys, i dont think it matters where your heading, just take a peek at the whinging pom house selling thread,to see how hard it has been for people to sell their homes,its quite draining the process ,just read the ups and downs of the house selling,
some ,including me are getting desperate !, i do have a buyer but they have to sell theirs first,we have flights booked for the 5th Jan so we might have the propect of comming back
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Rosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahlou
hi guys, i dont think it matters where your heading, just take a peek at the whinging pom house selling thread,to see how hard it has been for people to sell their homes,its quite draining the process ,just read the ups and downs of the house selling,
some ,including me are getting desperate !, i do have a buyer but they have to sell theirs first,we have flights booked for the 5th Jan so we might have the propect of comming back
Thanks for that folks, I've often found in life that when things go wrong there was a reason for it and what results is better. Obviously if you are sitting with the removals van in the drive and the contracts have not been exchanged it is difficult to see a silver lining, but we all seem to be heading in the same direction - hope we meet up some day!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

slimchic will become famous soon enoughslimchic will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that folks, I've often found in life that when things go wrong there was a reason for it and what results is better. Obviously if you are sitting with the removals van in the drive and the contracts have not been exchanged it is difficult to see a silver lining, but we all seem to be heading in the same direction - hope we meet up some day!
yes sit would be great to meet up in NZ
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Has anyone had any luck yet (though I think i'd not rather hear it) as we are still trying to sell our house 6 months down the line. Starting to feel the stress and ready for just staying put.

Anyway, just came on for a moan and to stop Internet addicted husband form getting on the computer (see - stressed)
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:26 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

We're having nightmares with it all at the moment. Put our place in the UK up for sale in September. It was tenanted then, so we gave notice to the tenants who decided they would move on mid-Jan, giving us until then to get a buyer.

Had an offer of 10k under the asking and declined it. Then had one of 7k under and accepted, but that was mid October and we STILL haven't sold it to the buyer.

We were due to complete last Friday but the buyers decided that then would be a great time to bring up an issue of a previous neighbour dispute (now resolved) - the details of which they had had for 2 months.

We are hopeful it will go through in the next 2 months, otherwise it is back to renting it out and waiting for a couple of years for buyer confidence to return.

Let me tell you, NZ mortgage + UK mortgage on NZ income = Hindsight being the wonderful thing that it is, I wish we had sold before we left but there we go.

Happy days, eh? Wouldn't life be boring if we didn't have a little stress and emotion mixed in there?

Good luck to all you out there looking to sell - keep plugging away and we WILL all get there in the end.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:33 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

we put our house on the market around may 2007 and completed december 7th 2007.

we had just one viewer - and we had tried two estate agents.

that one viewer ended up being our buyer - she dropped out once, left it two weeks then changed her mind.

thank gawd cos we wouldnt be here now!

market has been quiet for a while - it sux royally and i really feel for ANYONE trying to sell up.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all

We have been very lucky. Put the house on the market just before Christmas - had two viewers and two offers. BUT we are unusual. We had to market at a "reasonable" price and spent a few weeks preparing it for sale, which included repainting and dressing.

The housing market is especially quiet at the moment caused by the introduction of HIPs and the media scare - mongering on a possible recession. However hold on in there as it tends to pick up in Spring and as a Conveyancer, Easter is traditionally our busiest time of year. I have noticed an increase in the number of new matters over the last couple of weeks, so lets hope it's the start of a more bouyant housing market.

Good luck to everyone trying to sell. I'm not being to smug as we've yet to exchange contracts. Believe me, if I can't hurry my own sale along, no one can!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

whilst it still stinks for everyone trying to sell up, it is at least comforting to discover that you're not the only ones!

ours has been on at very fair price for 5 months now, and we've had two viewings! the first ones (on the first day on the market!!) offered the asking price, but have yet to sell theirs - the second ones want to offer asking price, but not until theirs has sold.... we've painted, 'dressed' etc etc

we decided we're not going anywhere or doing anything until after we've sold up - sounds like we might have made the right decision based on the responses of those of you already in NZ and stuck trying to sell back here. the temptation just to get on with getting over there regardless is HUGE though!

ho hum
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:36 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Been on since December and have had a viewing a week on average....two offers but the same thing...they have houses to sell so no point accepting an offer at this moment in time

Have come to the realisation that we're going before the house does, so going to change agents and go on with a low cost internet based one

Fortunately, have a single mate who's going to move in and cover the bills (not the mortgage though) until it sells.

Managed to find a positive....for us it's the fact that we're tied into a fixed rate mortgage till Aug 08 so to get out of the mortgage is gonna cost us £3000 penalty fee anyway. The mortgage payments from when we go to when the mortgage is up for renewal don't even add up to this amount. Banks - don't you just love 'em

If it's not sold by August then we're probably going to remortgage to interest only and stick tennants in....and all this from the other side of the world

To all of you out there.....you are not alone in your stress

Tan
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Rosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really niceRosiebear is just really nice

We fixed the price and have now had more viewers, still no offers though, but at least we have a bit more idea what the viewers think, it's hard when you have only had one viewer in 6 months! So far, we are too near the pub, too near the road and too small a garden. So, to encourage a sale I'm putting it on a barrow and taking it to Harrow... try getting a three bedroom townhoose with three loos in Harrow for £144k! Happy bleeding valentine's day by the way!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Oh, and no room for a grand piano....!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:13 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Kags1694;5457733]Hi,

"Estate agents say that the house market is dead."

Not the thing for an estate agent to say. Change agent, I would!!!!!

Martin
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

See a thread I have just written for some advice.
Hang in there. If you havent had to do a HIP, changing may force you to get one. Do change agents if you are not happy. Do get them to do an open home and have your family there. (Looks like more interest) An open home will tell you why they are not buying. We had 12 viewings over two days and none bought, but the feedback was worth so much and helped us decide what we would do next.

Good luck everyone
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

We fixed the price and have now had more viewers, still no offers though, but at least we have a bit more idea what the viewers think, it's hard when you have only had one viewer in 6 months! So far, we are too near the pub, too near the road and too small a garden. So, to encourage a sale I'm putting it on a barrow and taking it to Harrow... try getting a three bedroom townhoose with three loos in Harrow for £144k! Happy bleeding valentine's day by the way!

I get the same - and you think, bl00dy h3ll, what do you want for the money!

I've got 3 decent sized bedrooms, a downstairs extension and a floored and lined attic (essentially a 4th bedroom) , in an affordable street in an area with some of the best schools in Scotland all at a reasonable (or so I thought) fixed price.

We cleaned, repaired and decorated. Cleared out clutter (there's toys been put away that the kids haven't seen in 6 months!) and dumped some much loved but very worn furniture. But nothing in 6 months!

I think the worst part is people i know keep asking me what's wrong with my house and maybe I should get house doctor in, which is not only thoughless and hurtful, but very insulting.

I've resorted to getting the agent (who wasn't happy about it) to ask potential viewers to drive passed the house first and even come round and look at the garden cos i'm fed up spending 4 hours cleaning the house and shouting at husband and kids and getting all worked up for the viewers to turn around and say they don't like the street, or the garden's too small.

The next thing will be to rule out the folk that are "just looking as we just wanted to see what was out there before we decide if we put our house up for sale" !!!

I know i can't MAKE someone buy my house but i am so fed up with the whole proces i jsut needed to get that off my chest

Last edited by weebossyboots; Feb 15th 2008 at 9:56 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.