Reload this Page >

Covid and homesick

Covid and homesick

Old Jan 6th 2022, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

EuropeanLurker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Covid and homesick

Originally Posted by Clareuk
so sorry I really understand it’s very hard isn’t it.
I’m kinda of in a quandary myself I found myself dumped and separated after being married more that 25 years this year to a kiwi
id been in NZ and some years in Aus over 25 years and being a mum / homemaker with a part time job is all I know 😪 had children now young adults themselves so wondering what on earth I’m supposed to do to live I had a breakdown - his BIL a lawyer I got screwed but that’s another story
Anyway, decided to come back to the UK and bolted home to the UK to see my mum sister etc who I hadn’t seen in a looong time ( which I’ve loved ) and potentially live there
However, realised NZ and my kids the pull is stronger there. I just can’t settle here.
Then Omicron happened and I’ve heard whispers of another darn variant in France emerging Ahhhhhh!!!
I want to come back to NZ desperately but blooming Covid!!
so yes understand totally !!!
Gosh you've had a really rough time these last couple of years! 25 years is a long time. A friend of mine recently separated after a 10+ years relationship and I've seen first hand how hard it is. It must be even more so if you were primarily focused on the family.

I've lived in a couple of different countries & find that you can be happy in different places but there is always something missing also. As a few people here have tried to explain, there is a difference between choosing to live on the other side of the world and visiting home once in a while & finding yourself completely stuck on the other side of the world without the ability to visit friends and family. Not sure why it is so hard to comprehend for some people to be honest.
Old Jan 7th 2022, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Clareuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EuropeanLurker
Gosh you've had a really rough time these last couple of years! 25 years is a long time. A friend of mine recently separated after a 10+ years relationship and I've seen first hand how hard it is. It must be even more so if you were primarily focused on the family.

I've lived in a couple of different countries & find that you can be happy in different places but there is always something missing also. As a few people here have tried to explain, there is a difference between choosing to live on the other side of the world and visiting home once in a while & finding yourself completely stuck on the other side of the world without the ability to visit friends and family. Not sure why it is so hard to comprehend for some people to be honest.
Agree with feeling stuck - huge difference!! And also with something missing no matter where you go but for me I firmly realise NZ is home and when I eventually get back I will literally kiss that ground I tell you!!
it’s going to be hard but my children - well they will be having children ( eventually ) and I want to be able to be there for that.
Now, just need to get back to NZ 🙏🏻🙏🏻🤞🤞

Last edited by Clareuk; Jan 7th 2022 at 2:51 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2022, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

tabbycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EuropeanLurker
THIS exactly, EuropeanLurker ☺️

Hope you can get back to NZ soon Clareuk, sounds like you’ve been through an absolute roller coaster ride and hopefully it’s all good things from here on! Once your kids do start having children it’ll mean the world to them to have you there - nothing quite like having a grandparent nearby. 🥰
Old Jan 8th 2022, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Clareuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tabbycat
THIS exactly, EuropeanLurker ☺️

Hope you can get back to NZ soon Clareuk, sounds like you’ve been through an absolute roller coaster ride and hopefully it’s all good things from here on! Once your kids do start having children it’ll mean the world to them to have you there - nothing quite like having a grandparent nearby. 🥰
Thank you very much - just need some good luck to get back 🤞🤞🙏🏻🙂