Reload this Page >

Couple thinking of moving to NZ

Couple thinking of moving to NZ

Old Sep 27th 2015, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

sarah_8904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Couple thinking of moving to NZ

Hello all

Me and my partner Jamie have been considering moving to NZ for the past few months now. We're both university graduates, I work at a university in the marketing team as an administrator and Jamie works as a business analyst.

Our biggest problem is not knowing where to start. I'm 26 and he's 33 so we're wondering if we should both try to get jobs in the same place or seeing as Jamie's job is in high demand, for him to try and get sponsored and me to go with him and then look for work when we're there.

Any advice is most welcome

Best wishes

Sarah
Old Sep 27th 2015, 7:50 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple thinking of moving to NZ

Hi Sarah and Jamie,

first lets clear up one thing, NZ does not sponsor people to come over, you need to obtain a visa. How you obtain that visa is the question.

I looked on the Immigration website and could not find Buiness Analyst on the shortage lists, (but then I am fairly useless at that part) so could you please give more details on the ANZSCO NO. so everyone knows exactly what position you would be applying under. Even if not on the lists you could possibly obtain a job from an accredited company.

You would need to supply evidence to INZ of you stable relationship, at least 12mths of information/documentation that shows you live your day to day lives together. So it may be worth starting to collate that sort of evidence now. Joint bills, holiday invoice, joint bank accounts or separate accounts going to the same address. Council tax statement, party/wedding invites - that sort of thing.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

sarah_8904 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your feedback! In the long term skills shortage list he would fall under either:ICT Project Manager (135112) or ICT Business Analyst (261111) as he has long term experience in both fields.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 9:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

But which occupation is actually relevant to his work experience ( preferably current) AND his degree.

Not to put a dampener but the shortages lists are to help employers really. A bit of bypassing of paperwork. It doesn't necessarily mean that one will find a high demand. That all depends on the current job market.

If you and your partner currently live together in a stable relationship , then you wold apply on the back of his application. It is not a sponsorship . It is a family stream visa.

From what you write your OH would be the main applicant. As MRsF points out , an employer does not 'sponsor' as such.

Two things to get you started.

First - a question. Do you both feel you need to have a job in place before you arrive?

Has your OH done the points indicator. LINK TO POINTS INDICATOR

Come back with what points you feel you have.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 10:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as BEVS has said complete the points indicator using this http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...d-pool-810756/ as a guide to what you can and can't apply. and let us know how you get on
Old Sep 28th 2015, 1:28 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah_8904
Hello all

Me and my partner Jamie have been considering moving to NZ for the past few months now. We're both university graduates, I work at a university in the marketing team as an administrator and Jamie works as a business analyst.

Our biggest problem is not knowing where to start. I'm 26 and he's 33 so we're wondering if we should both try to get jobs in the same place or seeing as Jamie's job is in high demand, for him to try and get sponsored and me to go with him and then look for work when we're there.

Any advice is most welcome

Best wishes

Sarah
Have you guys considered a WHV (working holiday visa)? You are eligible for one Sarah. Jamie might be able to score a BUNAC visa, which has limited numbers, but offers the same advantages.

This would allow you to legally enter NZ, look and find work. Once you find a "good job" you can look at kicking off the immigration process.

United Kingdom Working Holiday Scheme

Work New Zealand visa information